Asus graphics cards are confusing

hi guys, I am building my first gaming pc, getting the gtx 1660 super or ti

my question is that I found a lot of types of the same graphics card for a huge difference in money

I found Asus tut gtx 1660 super

Asus dual gtx 1660 ti evo 6gb for even cheaper

then rtx 2060 Asus tuf for even cheaper than that

so Is the tuf type bad or are all the gtx 1660's the same or what's going on

3 minutes ago, NEWbie PC builder said:

The 2060 has RTX hardware, the 1660Ti is a beefier 1660, and the 1660 Super is an upgraded version of the 1660, but not quite a 1660Ti

Order goes: 1660 --> 1660 Super --> 1660Ti --> 2060

The reason the 2060 (non-Super) is likely much less money is because there is the 2060 Super out now, which is a better 2060.

1660 came out as a step up from a 1060, but not quite a 2060 (i.e. no ray-tracing hardware). But nVidia ended up releasing updated hardware (the Super series). So the non-Super hardware, while still in stores, often saw sales to entice buyers and clear shelves to make room for the Supers. I don't quite know how to explain the Ti Series, because this generation, nVidia seems to have just gone off the rails with cards, naming, and tiers.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

10 minutes ago, NEWbie PC builder said:

hi guys, I am building my first gaming pc, getting the gtx 1660 super or ti

my question is that I found a lot of types of the same graphics card for a huge difference in money

I found Asus tut gtx 1660 super

Asus dual gtx 1660 ti evo 6gb for even cheaper

then rtx 2060 Asus tuf for even cheaper than that

There are 4 cards that are somewhat close to each other in performance: GTX 1660, 1660 Super, 1660 Ti, and RTX 2060. 
I don't see an obvious reason to choose ASUS since they don't offer anything particularly cutting-edge or improvement from the competition. 
They have several models 
ASUS TURBO - A blower. Single fan, exahusts out of the chassis. Avoid it.
ASUS PHOENIX - Cheap, single fan solution that's not particularly great. Would not buy generally.
ASUS Dual - It's an okay card, but borderline for the price that it is listed at most times. Get it on a good sale or just don't.
ASUS TUF - Part of their 'TUF Gaming Alliance' series. Slightly better than the DUAL but still not that good. They don't have great cards that are not the Strix Models, which I'll come up with next.
ASUS STRIX - Part of their High end ROG 'Republic of Gamers' nonsense. Comes with a pretty great cooler, although has issues on the RX 5700 and 5700 XT. Don't buy that one for now, although I do believe they have a fix. This model is usually expensive and I'd rather take an EVGA card over it.

Overall, a 1660 Super is much better value than the Ti since it's so close in performance yet costs $50 less. 1660 Ti is mostly obsolete now.
The main difference with these is the cooler - Asus DUAL and up are acceptable in the acoustics departments. The STRIX card comes with some fancy extras like RGB Lighting and 0 Db mode (fan stop) when the GPU is at low load.

Feel free to click the heart in the corner if you found my answer informative or helpful.

As a wise master once said, 

Put as much effort into your question as you would expect a stranger to add to their answer!

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3800XT | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 4000Mhz CL18 | MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X | Two WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD | Corsair AX850 Titanium | Fractal Design Define 7 White, Solid

Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 16 | i9 9980H | 16 GB RAM |  1TB SSD | AppleCare+ | Space Grey

Peripherals: RAMA U-80 Lake | Logitech MX Master 3 | Kanto YU2 White + Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO 

Displays: LG GX 55"| Acer XB273K | Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q | LG 32UN650-W 

10 minutes ago, TeeKayTK said:

There are 4 cards that are somewhat close to each other in performance: GTX 1660, 1660 Super, 1660 Ti, and RTX 2060. 
I don't see an obvious reason to choose ASUS since they don't offer anything particularly cutting-edge or improvement from the competition. 
They have several models 
ASUS TURBO - A blower. Single fan, exahusts out of the chassis. Avoid it.
ASUS PHOENIX - Cheap, single fan solution that's not particularly great. Would not buy generally.
ASUS Dual - It's an okay card, but borderline for the price that it is listed at most times. Get it on a good sale or just don't.
ASUS TUF - Part of their 'TUF Gaming Alliance' series. Slightly better than the DUAL but still not that good. They don't have great cards that are not the Strix Models, which I'll come up with next.
ASUS STRIX - Part of their High end ROG 'Republic of Gamers' nonsense. Comes with a pretty great cooler, although has issues on the RX 5700 and 5700 XT. Don't buy that one for now, although I do believe they have a fix. This model is usually expensive and I'd rather take an EVGA card over it.

Overall, a 1660 Super is much better value than the Ti since it's so close in performance yet costs $50 less. 1660 Ti is mostly obsolete now.
The main difference with these is the cooler - Asus DUAL and up are acceptable in the acoustics departments. The STRIX card comes with some fancy extras like RGB Lighting and 0 Db mode (fan stop) when the GPU is at low load.

Feel free to click the heart in the corner if you found my answer informative or helpful.

thanks man, the thing is where I live the price difference is 100 dollars between each card..

would you recommend that I just go for  the gigabyte gtx 1660 super instead of all this

14 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

The 2060 has RTX hardware, the 1660Ti is a beefier 1660, and the 1660 Super is an upgraded version of the 1660, but not quite a 1660Ti

Order goes: 1660 --> 1660 Super --> 1660Ti --> 2060

The reason the 2060 (non-Super) is likely much less money is because there is the 2060 Super out now, which is a better 2060.

1660 came out as a step up from a 1060, but not quite a 2060 (i.e. no ray-tracing hardware). But nVidia ended up releasing updated hardware (the Super series). So the non-Super hardware, while still in stores, often saw sales to entice buyers and clear shelves to make room for the Supers. I don't quite know how to explain the Ti Series, because this generation, nVidia seems to have just gone off the rails with cards, naming, and tiers.

thanks man

they seam to do a great job complicating things

6 minutes ago, NEWbie PC builder said:

thanks man

they seam to do a great job complicating things

Where do you live? PCpartpicker helps with finding prices, or you can list the prices for each card.

Put as much effort into your question as you would expect a stranger to add to their answer!

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3800XT | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 4000Mhz CL18 | MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X | Two WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD | Corsair AX850 Titanium | Fractal Design Define 7 White, Solid

Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 16 | i9 9980H | 16 GB RAM |  1TB SSD | AppleCare+ | Space Grey

Peripherals: RAMA U-80 Lake | Logitech MX Master 3 | Kanto YU2 White + Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO 

15 minutes ago, TeeKayTK said:

Where do you live? PCpartpicker helps with finding prices, or you can list the prices for each card.

in turkey its very hard to find a trusted place that sells cards so I am sticking to itopya.com this is a list of the things I found: in dollars

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  236$

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER AERO ITX OC 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  248$

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  310$

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  390$

ASUS TUF 3 GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit 
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Advanced Edition 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit 50$ more than tuf 3

1 minute ago, NEWbie PC builder said:

in turkey its very hard to find a trusted place that sells cards so I am sticking to itopya.com this is a list of the things I found: in dollars

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  236$

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER AERO ITX OC 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  248$

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  310$

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB GDDR6 192 Bit  390$

Get the Gigabyte one.

Just now, NEWbie PC builder said:

I agree thanks man great help!

No problem.