New affordable laptop?

Hello, I am a high school student looking for some advice. My old hand me down laptop is broken (it's a 17" Lenovo 2 in 1). I want to stick with a 2 in 1 for various reasons and possibly a slightly smaller laptop for mobility but I also have a budget for as below 800 as I can possibly get for a good price. I like digital drawing, streaming, schoolwork of course and some minor/average gaming. Brand suggestions and such would help. Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Kay_Gamez7 said:

Hello, I am a high school student looking for some advice. My old hand me down laptop is broken (it's a 17" Lenovo 2 in 1). I want to stick with a 2 in 1 for various reasons and possibly a slightly smaller laptop for mobility but I also have a budget for as below 800 as I can possibly get for a good price. I like digital drawing, streaming, schoolwork of course and some minor/average gaming. Brand suggestions and such would help. Thank you.

There's much more to a laptop than only specs (keyboard quality, build quality, thermals and so on...) but here is a list of things you should be looking for at a 600-800 dollar price range, hope it helps: 

If you would want to stick to a 2 in 1, Most ordinary "gaming" laptops are of the question - therefore I would look into 2-in-1's with a Vega 10/ Vega 8 graphics, that could handle lighter/e-sport titles. The two processors with these graphics chips are Ryzen 7 3700U and Ryzen 5 3500U. When it comes to storage, at this price point you should be looking for a 256/512GB SSD - avoid any SSHD's or mechanical hard disks - these just are not acceptable for modern machines. At this price you also should be looking at 8/16 GB of ram, best in dual channel as that helps the graphics performance, as these modern APU's consume 2GB of system memory instead of having dedicated vram. Screen should be Full HD. 

7 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

There's much more to a laptop than only specs (keyboard quality, build quality, thermals and so on...) but here is a list of things you should be looking for at a 600-800 dollar price range, hope it helps: 

If you would want to stick to a 2 in 1, Most ordinary "gaming" laptops are of the question - therefore I would look into 2-in-1's with a Vega 10/ Vega 8 graphics, that could handle lighter/e-sport titles. The two processors with these graphics chips are Ryzen 7 3700U and Ryzen 5 3500U. When it comes to storage, at this price point you should be looking for a 256/512GB SSD - avoid any SSHD's or mechanical hard disks - these just are not acceptable for modern machines. At this price you also should be looking at 8/16 GB of ram, best in dual channel as that helps the graphics performance, as these modern APU's consume 2GB of system memory instead of having dedicated vram. Screen should be Full HD. 

Thank you. Would laptops with flash memory be beneficial at all or what would be your opinion on flash memory because it was something I seen with certain laptops.

27 minutes ago, That 1 Tech Dude said:

I would reccomend acer Nitro or aspire

or dell inspiron 15 for about 500 bucks

Thank you, these seem like good recommendations and I will take them into consideration.

1 minute ago, Kay_Gamez7 said:

Thank you. Would laptops with flash memory be beneficial at all or what would be your opinion on flash memory because it was something I seen with certain laptops.

Flash memory? Not sure what you ment, but SSD-s are the only way to go, in case you mean emmc than you should stay away from these.

4 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

Flash memory? Not sure what you ment, but SSD-s are the only way to go, in case you mean emmc than you should stay away from these.

Ok, gotchya. Thanks again

1 hour ago, Kay_Gamez7 said:

budget for as below 800

Where are you from? 800 in what currency? Any links of online stores?

Any preferences on weight, battery life and display size?

Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradeable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, genexis_x said:

Where are you from? 800 in what currency? Any links of online stores?

Any preferences on weight, battery life and display size?

800 dollars. Possibly smaller than 17". And mostly best buy.

2 minutes ago, Kay_Gamez7 said:

Any preferences on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, Kay_Gamez7 said:

I couldn't convince you to go used to get a 8750H and a 1060 could I?

OVERPOWERED-OP-LP2-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-034-i7-8750H-16GB-RAM-GTX-1060-256GB-SSD-1TB

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Or if you are looking at working with Blender or other productivity workloads and bringing that laptop around all over the place this may also be a good option34-235-244-V11.jpg

(Warning the GPU may will almost certainly be notably bottle-necked by the CPU in most games, which is why I recommend that for productivity workloads.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!