Wierd Hdmi output issues from laptop

SpartanCode117

Hi guys, long time looker first time poster. Looking or some help if anyone can.

So i have a laptop , msi gs40 6qe, yeah its a tad older but still works a treat, has the nvidia 970m inside it, been gta v mostly on it and dabbling with other stuff too. But recently my partner had wanted to play gta V as well, so i thought , perfect excuse to get a new tv and have a go with it on the big screen.

So bought a nice new hisense tv 55 inches, the B7500, cant complain for the pennies, But having a few issues with hdmi out.

So upon first plugging it in the screen shows but its a green overlay ontop of it, looks like a screen fault kinda, tried a few times, nada still green, Bought new hdmi 2.0 leads and tried again, only outputting at 1080, looks scalled correctly but again green colour issue.

Plug it into my benq monitor 24 inches, works fine on either cable.#

So wondered if it was the tv, cant be the fire stick works fine. 

So got the missus laptop, plugged it in and first try nice big monitor. Hmmm ok

Try mine again and wola it works. We sat and played gta v for hours great stuff. However, following day we go to turn it on, same issue, so again, plug hers in, works fine, back time mines, seems to fix the green screen issue. So im assuming its something to do with the HDCP. And some how her laptop being connected corrects it.

So i uninstalled all gpu drivers, intel ones as well, chipset also. Used DDU (Display driver cleaner) and reinstalled the latest from the intel website. Same issue.

EDIT: Also forgot, the tv dont show as audio output device when connected to hdmi either, her laptop does, and my monitor does, so im assuming its maybe driver related or something. Any help would be greatly apprecated. 

2 minutes ago, SpartanCode117 said:

Hi guys, long time looker first time poster. Looking or some help if anyone can.

Sounds like it may be the TV, bad scaler or the input is not of good quality.

Sorry I cant be help with this one.

-= Moved to Displays =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Sounds like it may be the TV, bad scaler or the input is not of good quality.

Sorry I cant be help with this one.

-= Moved to Displays =-

Hi thanks for the reply, thats ok, im stumped too, only seems to do it with my laptop, weird how the missus laptop dont do it, its a much more recent model than mines tho,acer nitro 5 with a ryzen 2500u and an rx560 card inside.  

36 minutes ago, SpartanCode117 said:

Hi thanks for the reply, thats ok, im stumped too, only seems to do it with my laptop, weird how the missus laptop dont do it, its a much more recent model than mines tho,acer nitro 5 with a ryzen 2500u and an rx560 card inside.  

It is possible its the laptop, I had a laptop with a 970m gpu and cant say I have experienced that issue. It is possible (i am theorizing here) that your laptop is not reconizing the tv so its no outputting the signal correctly or the tv is not interpreting the signal properly.

/shrug

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:12 PM, SpartanCode117 said:

yeah it is really odd. I have bought a display port adaptor to see if i have any joy through that, need to wait for it to arrive however if it does.

Wee video of the issue. If anyone curious. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoyubnrEBzY

Update. Uninstalled audio, chipset, nvidia driver and intel drivers, Video out now working but still no audio out 

EDIT : Weird, so going to the sound management option it does not have hdmi listed as output device, on my pc it shows nvidia hdmi out