Looking for an Ultrabook for school about 1000$

Hey! I'm a CS student in Peru looking for an ultrabook that can be powerful and good at multitasking, programming, simulating and having a long usage battery. I have a family member that is coming after the COVID-19 situation, so there will be no problem about shipping costs.

12 minutes ago, iamBilli said:

Peru

Are you buying in Peru? Budget? Any links of online stores?

Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

19 minutes ago, iamBilli said:

Hey! I'm a CS student in Peru looking for an ultrabook that can be powerful and good at multitasking, programming, simulating and having a long usage battery. I have a family member that is coming after the COVID-19 situation, so there will be no problem about shipping costs.

Look at a business class laptop. Lenovo ThinkPad L590 or T590, HP EliteBook 850 G6 or a Dell Latitude 5000/7000 series. Avoid consumer models like the IdeaPad, XPS or Envy series since they don't offer anything over the higher quality business laptops, which offer vastly better build quality, MUCH better durability, resistance to water, dirt, dust and shocks and a far and away better electrical design

36 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

Are you buying in Peru? Budget? Any links of online stores?

Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Buying in US, not preference in any store. Looking for an ultrabook so lightweight and min 10 hours battery.

35 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Look at a business class laptop. Lenovo ThinkPad L590 or T590, HP EliteBook 850 G6 or a Dell Latitude 5000/7000 series. Avoid consumer models like the IdeaPad, XPS or Envy series since they don't offer anything over the higher quality business laptops, which offer vastly better build quality, MUCH better durability, resistance to water, dirt, dust and shocks and a far and away better electrical design

Better build quality? Not always.

Better durability, resistance to water, dirt, dust, shocks? That's fair I guess, if you look after your things like a reasonable person that's not really a concern though.

Better electrical design? Not always.

The non-business ones have a better aesthetic and are slimmer usually, and usually a little cheaper.

6 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Better build quality? Not always.

Better durability, resistance to water, dirt, dust, shocks? That's fair I guess, if you look after your things like a reasonable person that's not really a concern though.

Better electrical design? Not always.

The non-business ones have a better aesthetic and are slimmer usually, and usually a little cheaper.

Magnesium Roll Cage and Inner Skeleton coated in a soft rubberized plastic to absorb shocks and not dent (T590) vs all aluminium which dents after one drop and cannot protect anything due to the lack of the Roll Cage or structural support. Resistances are also important because 99% of people don't look after their electronics - they don't clean them, they eat over them and they spill water/coca cola/wine/beer on them. My own family being a good example of this.

Better electrical design - when looking at entry level Business class - perhaps not as good as the high end consumer models. But high end business class like the ZBook or EliteBook 800 series or ThinkPad T/X/P series? Of Course the Business laptops are VASTLY superior. They're designed to last for longer than their consumer counterparts in MUCH worse operating conditions. There's a reason construction managers, engineers, researchers on expeditions and etc all opt for Business Class machines or workstations - because an XPS 15 would suffer damage during the first sandstorm or industrial visit.

Aesthetics aren't a reason to opt for an inferior device.Try doing this to a slimmer laptop, see if it survives, much less works

5 hours ago, iamBilli said:

MacBook Air?

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?