X570 motherbaords video output

Go to solution Solved by piratemonkey,
10 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

I'm planning on building a new setup with x570boards, and for start i want to get a APU, ryzen 5 3400G... some x570 boards have HDMI, some dont....if the board i choose has no HDMI output, can i use the type C output for as a video output??

for example 

these 2 have HDMI

MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI

but

these 2 don't have HDMI

MSI MEG X570 ACE

MSI MEG X570 UNIFY

so for these 2 without HDMI port, can i use the Type C port as a video out or not??

it looks like you could. they seem like general type c ports so theyw ould be able to output type c signals. and you should be fine with a x470 or b450 board for a 3400g just saying

I'm planning on building a new setup with x570boards, and for start i want to get a APU, ryzen 5 3400G... some x570 boards have HDMI, some dont....if the board i choose has no HDMI output, can i use the type C output for as a video output??

for example 

these 2 have HDMI

but

these 2 don't have HDMI

MSI MEG X570 ACE

MSI MEG X570 UNIFY

so for these 2 without HDMI port, can i use the Type C port as a video out or not??

10 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

for example 

these 2 have HDMI

but

these 2 don't have HDMI

MSI MEG X570 ACE

MSI MEG X570 UNIFY

it looks like you could. they seem like general type c ports so theyw ould be able to output type c signals. and you should be fine with a x470 or b450 board for a 3400g just saying

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

I agree with @piratemonkey

Don't see the reason why to pair the R5-3400G with a high-end X570 board.

A B450 or B550 (when it releases) should be more than adequate.

If you were going with a Ryzen 3800(X) or higher, then sure, get the top-tier X570 -- especially if you are going balls to the walls with overclocking.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

12 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

I know x470 would be okay with 3400G but I'm planning on future proofing it so later i can upgrade to a better CPU

12 hours ago, -rascal- said:

I agree with @piratemonkey

Don't see the reason why to pair the R5-3400G with a high-end X570 board.

A B450 or B550 (when it releases) should be more than adequate.

If you were going with a Ryzen 3800(X) or higher, then sure, get the top-tier X570 -- especially if you are going balls to the walls with overclocking.

I agree, but this is a startup and im trying to future proof my setup, as i cant afford to buy a GPU yet... So i rather use an apu and later on upgrade to a better CPU

21 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

I agree, but this is a startup and im trying to future proof my setup, as i cant afford to buy a GPU yet... So i rather use an apu and later on upgrade to a better CPU

There are a good few b450 and x470 boards that can run a 3950x just fine.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

true ... though im in a country that is a bit limited to the availability of the boards.....and for no reason i got my eyes on x570 series :))...if you can convince me to get a x470 or a b450, sure i can get the most expensive one with the price of an average x570, please do so, so i might be able to save up some money there....:))) 

im currently in turkey, and this is the most legit website we can check the boards available

www.vatanbilgisayar.com

you can have a look (use chrome so it can translate for you)

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

128GB ram and more frequency support is what got me interested ... and since im going for NVIDIA graphics , i kinda feel i need the SLI support than crossfire....so im leaning more towards MSI x570 unify or ace (as far as i realised, the only difference is RGB)

15 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

@piratemonkey 

7 hours ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

if you are futurproofing the build, by all means go ahead and get a x570. as long as your happy with features and stuff, get it. also sli/crossfire is not the best for performance

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

if you are futurproofing the build, by all means go ahead and get a x570. as long as your happy with features and stuff, get it. also sli/crossfire is not the best for performance

@piratemonkey thank man,i probably will, but the only concern here is whether the type C port can be used as video output or not....i  couldn't find anything anywhere 

@piratemonkey though i found this

On 3/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

these 2 don't have HDMI

MSI MEG X570 ACE

MSI MEG X570 UNIFY

Not sure where the people above are finding their information on these boards, but the manufacturer does not make any mention of the USB Type-C ports have DP Alt mode or being Thunderbolt, so they will NOT output video through that port.

On top of that, the only reason to get X570 is PCIE 4.0 support, consider if that is worth the 100 USD or so extra the X570 costs.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 hours ago, minibois said:

Not sure where the people above are finding their information on these boards, but the manufacturer does not make any mention of the USB Type-C ports have DP Alt mode or being Thunderbolt, so they will NOT output video through that port.

On top of that, the only reason to get X570 is PCIE 4.0 support, consider if that is worth the 100 USD or so extra the X570 costs.

@miniboisany other way i could be getting a video out from those boards without HDMI ? of course other than buying a GPU...

and if not x570, what else ? x470? or b450?

1 hour ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

@miniboisany other way i could be getting a video out from those boards without HDMI ? of course other than buying a GPU...

and if not x570, what else ? x470? or b450?

There are X570 boards which have HDMI such as the Taichi (which is also a very good value for money in the X570 motherboards)

26 minutes ago, Triboal said:

There are X570 boards which have HDMI such as the Taichi (which is also a very good value for money in the X570 motherboards)

@Triboal hese are the 2 available in my region 

the only difference between these with HDMI and the other 2 (MSI MEG X570 ACE/ MSI MEG X570 UNIFY) without HDMI is SLI/Crossfire support

On 3/27/2020 at 11:58 PM, piratemonkey said:

@piratemonkey i sent a msg to msi themselves and asked them whether the port can be used and they said no....

Screenshot_20200330-104246_Gmail.jpg

@Cheeseburger Apocalypse its a good you did that. i wouldve thought it would