Corsair Vengeance Ram Question

Hi everyone. 

I bought a CyberPowerPC ( I know worst idea ever ) but it was the only option at the time. 

it came with some off brand ram so I decided to upgrade. I am running dual channel memory so 2x 16gig so 32 gig total using slot 2 and 4

today I bought another 2x 16 so I can total 64 gigs

The package says it’s Intel XMP Profile certified. So of course BIOS instantly enables xmp profile. But then I have no boot at all. Monitor stays black. Nothing initializes and I have to remove the two sticks in slot 1 and 3 to get it to boot. 

am I missing something ? It should run XMP profile with no problem. I am not over clocking anything. I have all default values for bios loaded. Only thing I have messed with is turning fans to max settings all the time for better cooling. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated 

24 minutes ago, Tickle Me Elmo said:

Hi everyone. 

I bought a CyberPowerPC ( I know worst idea ever ) but it was the only option at the time. 

it came with some off brand ram so I decided to upgrade. I am running dual channel memory so 2x 16gig so 32 gig total using slot 2 and 4

The package says it’s Intel XMP Profile certified. So of course BIOS instantly enables xmp profile. But then I have no boot at all. Monitor stays black. Nothing initializes and I have to remove the two sticks in slot 1 and 3 to get it to boot. 

am I missing something ? It should run XMP profile with no problem. I am not over clocking anything. I have all default values for bios loaded. Only thing I have messed with is turning fans to max settings all the time for better cooling. 

Is it all Corsair vengeance?

or are you running the off brand and the Corsair?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 3/27/2020 at 1:48 PM, scuff gang said:

Is it all Corsair vengeance?

or are you running the off brand and the Corsair?

It’s all Corsair. Same size same speed as well

I did some digging and it looks to be caused by AMD Ryzen. I need to switch to Intel to be able to get the full 3200mhz   Right joe Ryzen only supports up to 2933. I changed it to 2933 and it’s running. 

looking to get a mobo and Intel combo as we speak 

1 minute ago, Tickle Me Elmo said:

I did some digging and it looks to be caused by AMD Ryzen. I need to switch to Intel to be able to get the full 3200mhz   Right joe Ryzen only supports up to 2933. I changed it to 2933 and it’s running. 

That sounds a bit odd, what CPU/Motherboard combo do you have?

I'm running 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 on an x570 + 3700X without any issue.

One thing to note is that Corsair Vengeance is actually kind of low end/entry level RAM.

Even if you have the (no idea why) much sought after b-die variant, it will most likely be the bottom of the barrel.

2 hours ago, Tickle Me Elmo said:

Ryzen is your best bet, and actually supports higher speeds that Intel afaik

its probably a sub par motherboard, cyber power gets good “specs” but gets shitty quality motherboards and powersupplys

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 hours ago, scuff gang said:

its probably a sub par motherboard, cyber power gets good “specs” but gets shitty quality motherboards and powersupplys

This is probably your issue. Most system integrators use well-known brands for things like CPU & GPU, but skimp out on other parts (like RAM, just like in your experience, and motherboards and power supplies, as stated above)

On 3/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, Tickle Me Elmo said:

Hi everyone. 

Let me make it clear, XMP is an overclock, even for Intel systems.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64