issues deleting stuff my hard drive - trying to get 64 bit windows

so my friend has this dell laptop that he needs to have 8 gb free on his c drive so he can get 64bit version of windows by using the media creation tool and exporting windows to a separate hardrive to get geforce now on his laptop as it requires 64bit win and he has 32 bit win. we are having extreme trouble by trying to delete that 8gb in the c drive, we've consulted youtube and done most of the stuff there. we even tried to factory reset but that somehow failed so we are coming to the ltt forums for help, we have been at this for 13 hours+ and we have deleted all the temp files and stuff from software distribution downloads and stuff like that and even emptying the recycling bin but it isnt working and in some instances after we clear out something the amount of free space decreases. sorry for the long post but can someone help me and my friend?

Just backup all the important files and clean install Windows 10 with your a usb stick created with the media creation tool. During the install delete all the partitions and do the install a single unallocated space. 

I'm 99.9% sure you can't just upgrade you need to do a clean install of Windows to go from 32-bit to 64-bit so in the media creation tool, after backing things up, just delete all the partitions and install fresh.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

to get a clean version with media tool it says i need 8gb free to copy windows onto a usb device

1 minute ago, synzee- said:

to get a clean version with media tool it says i need 8gb free to copy windows onto a usb device

Yes, you need a usb stick of at least 8GB to create a bootable Windows 10 media. 

Just now, synzee- said:

Oh! You're not able to use the media creation tool, ok.

Is there another PC you can use to do it?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Viper9 said:

Yes, you need a usb stick of at least 8GB to create a bootable Windows 10 media. 

I think you need 8GB free on your local drive first to then create the bootable USB

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

nooo we have a external hard drive with 1tb storage it says we need 8gb free on the c drive and we are having toruble getting 8gb free on the c drive as mentioned above

lurick ur right and also he has another laptop but that laptops c drive is also full

Just now, synzee- said:

nooo we have a external hard drive with 1tb storage it says we need 8gb free on the c drive and we are having toruble getting 8gb free on the c drive as mentioned above

You can use a software like Wiztree to see what is taking all the space on the C drive. Did you already backup all his files and deleted them on the laptop? 

2 minutes ago, synzee- said:

yea

Well you really need to find another computer were you can create a bootable Windows 10 media. 

Or you can try to fix the partition issue using a partition manager like AOMEI Partition Assistant.

Just delete one big movie or anything. 8GB is not that much. If you want to install new system, you'll need to backup your files anyway, so where exactly is your problem? You don't know how to delete files? You don't know how to uninstall one game? I'm pretty sure that if you can't do that, you should not try to install system (which is more complicated than delete files) and ask some more experienced friend for help.