Why is this happening to my computer?

Forum_user

windowsfirewall.JPG.fb8da2f57d6e7250c7ad469712e05a92.JPG

This has been happening to me after 3 months I installed Windows 10. Is this a bug or glitch or is it a malware? Please let me know

8 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Malware

Can you tell me what malware it is, and specifically?

3 minutes ago, Forum_user said:

Can you tell me what malware it is, and specifically?

No idea, but that application name is not part of any legitimate software. Don't give it admin rights and do a windows reinstall. Hopefully it's not a rootkit and a fresh OS install will clear it.

44 minutes ago, Forum_user said:

windowsfirewall.JPG.fb8da2f57d6e7250c7ad469712e05a92.JPG

This has been happening to me after 3 months I installed Windows 10. Is this a bug or glitch or is it a malware? Please let me know

Probaly a malware or something. Doesn't look legitimate at least.

@Forum_user 

Definition of Malware

Maleware:

Software that is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system.

25 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No idea, but that application name is not part of any legitimate software. Don't give it admin rights and do a windows reinstall. Hopefully it's not a rootkit and a fresh OS install will clear it.

I don't believe a full reinstall is necessary to remove the malware, a malware removal tool should take care of the problem like Malwarebytes, ccleaner or any other reputable software.

If the item is found to be a trojan then a re-install might be necessary.

Quarantine the item and run the windows security program to do what it can to clean your system then go get one of the other software I mentioned and do the same. This will be a time and headache saver for you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

@Forum_user 

Definition of Malware

I don't believe a full reinstall is necessary to remove the malware, a malware removal tool should take care of the problem like Malwarebytes, ccleaner or any other reputable software.

If the item is found to be a trojan then a re-install might be necessary.

Quarantine the item and run the windows security program to do what it can to clean your system then go get one of the other software I mentioned and do the same. This will be a time and headache saver for you.

If he's already granted admin rights to the malware, using removal tools may be difficult.

On a side note - wasn't CCleaner discovered to be disguised malware or shipping with malware a year or two ago?

EDIT: Yep - https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/18/16325202/ccleaner-hack-malware-security

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If he's already granted admin rights to the malware, using removal tools may be difficult.

True. @Forum_user did you grant or deny access?

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

On a side note - wasn't CCleaner discovered to be disguised malware or shipping with malware a year or two ago?

EDIT: Yep - https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/18/16325202/ccleaner-hack-malware-security

Yeah... I forgot about that. Good catch. 👍

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

True. @Forum_user did you grant or deny access?

Yeah... I forgot about that. Good catch. 👍

No, I always pressed cancel or just closed the tab when this showed up. This has been showing up for about the past 8 months, and I pressed cancel for each one of them. FYI it had been showing different numbers each time it popped up. 

10 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I never installed CCleaner.

14 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Not CCleaner itself, but hackers managed to pack malware into the distribution. Was swiftly fixed when discovered of course.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Forum_user said:

No, I always pressed cancel or just closed the tab when this showed up. This has been showing up for about the past 8 months, and I pressed cancel for each one of them. FYI it had been showing different numbers each time it popped up. 

I never installed CCleaner.

You need to run a scan on your pc... sooner the better. Your Windows Security has a fairly decent one, start there.

Just now, Kilrah said:

Not CCleaner itself, but hackers managed to pack malware into the distribution. Was swiftly fixed when discovered of course.

Good to know. Thanks.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

If this has been going on since OS was installed... Question becomes, is the OS pirated or downloaded from Microsoft directly?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If this has been going on since OS was installed... Question becomes, is the OS pirated or downloaded from Microsoft directly?

good question

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, not necessarily. I bought the key from ebay and then used rufus usb to make a bootable usb and then it was downloaded. (That was done on microsoft's page) I did not inject any usb device from the ebay retailer, he just gave the key online and I had activated windows. So I think it isn't really pirated, because I downloaded it through microsoft.

49 minutes ago, Forum_user said:

Well, not necessarily. I bought the key from ebay and then used rufus usb to make a bootable usb and then it was downloaded. (That was done on microsoft's page) I did not inject any usb device from the ebay retailer, he just gave the key online and I had activated windows. So I think it isn't really pirated, because I downloaded it through microsoft.

No. But since this has been going on from first install, something you did install is causing it. So if you have any browser addons for example to download videos from YT etc. or play some "free TV shows and movies", those can also cause these things. One fix is to do full clean reinstall and take a note if it starts again. As then you will have more clear idea what were the recent installs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I replied to this post, but there is new information.

2400000000000000000000000.JPG.9412c757324b0f378bb77eb95c1a220a.JPG

2512234214231090000000000000.JPG.a36ff691827b277c475ab329c6748ac7.JPG

It looks like these malware/virus/Trojan is using up internet data. So does this mean that my computer is being used for bitcoin or something?

Because there's a laptop that I use, (That laptop runs much more longer and frequently than my desktop) and the data usage is much higher (25GB).

I have been looking for an answer for so long, anything I can do to fix the virus other than do a complete reinstall of windows?