F@H GPU.

Hey so since i'm working from home i wanted to set up FAH on light/medium but for some reason my folding slots says gpy is Ready but i can't start it and the work queue says running but for some reason it says my 2080 will take 24 hours to complete it.

is it just becuase i got a large task for my gpu since my cpu is doing the task it got about 24x faster.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Post screenshot of the advanced viewer with GPU selected.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Do you have at least 1 CPU thread not assigned to F@H? For every (Nvidia) videocard you use for folding, you need at least one thread available.

In my experience, folding on light or medium doesn't use the GPU.

I would either set F@H to 'On Idle' or just to high and leave it as is.

Unless what you do is GPU/CPU intensive (like video editing, 3D modeling, etc), you won't see a large performance hit.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

There are currently a shortage of WUs (i.e there's so many users that the university servers have a difficult time getting all the info and sorting it). Just let it be, your gpu will start doing the number crunching when there are more WUs.

That's my take on this.

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Lots of chi-fi iems
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 (lastest)

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Post screenshot of the advanced viewer with GPU selected.

i can't find it but it suddently jumped from 1% to 12

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

You just needed to refresh the web viewer then.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You just needed to refresh the web viewer then.

how do i find the advanced gpu options.

right now my gpu is only under 5-20% load when folding power is set to full

System tray, right click on fah icon, advanced control

Also you seem to be looking at task manager, it's normal for it to show low global usage. Use other GPU monitoring programs.

Also read the event thread and FAQ, most things are explained there.

F@H

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

System tray, right click on fah icon, advanced control

Also you seem to be looking at task manager, it's normal for it to show low global usage. Use other GPU monitoring programs.

Also read the event thread and FAQ, most things are explained there.

i am in advanced controls then.

i'm using nzxt Cam to check performance.

11 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i am in advanced controls then.

i'm using nzxt Cam to check performance.

Use hw info just to be sure. I have always used hwinfo for monitoring fah, never fails me.

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750