Game randomly closes down mid-game

Hi. First off, sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forums. My system is pre-built by MSI though. Anyways, i recently encountered a semi-serious issue with my PC. Some games just randomly closes down while either loading into something or just when playing. This all started last week and the PC has never been like this before. Could it possibly be my 8gb of ram that is acting up? Oh btw, my system has got: GTX 1060 3gb, 8gb ram, intel i5 7400.

It happened the first time when i was playing some FiveM and then it has just escalated and started happening in other games aswell.

Since then i've also started to take closer looks at the task manager whenever i start games and it almost maxes out the ram sometimes. So i honestly think the ram isn't feeling well but i'm still not too sure. Thus why i'm asking here.

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

If its the ram, then its going to be a page file error or instead of crashing it would slow way down. Although you should probably upgrade to 16GB of ram, since games these days chew up ram. Have you looked at the windows error logs? Usually that can tell you whats going on, somewhat. Make sure nothing is over heating or anything strange like that.

Hmm ok. Good to know. Never checked the windows error logs. Will do that now though and see.

12 minutes ago, Boomer112 said:

Hi. First off, sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forums. My system is pre-built by MSI though. Anyways, i recently encountered a semi-serious issue with my PC. Some games just randomly closes down while either loading into something or just when playing. This all started last week and the PC has never been like this before. Could it possibly be my 8gb of ram that is acting up? Oh btw, my system has got: GTX 1060 3gb, 8gb ram, intel i5 7400.

It happened the first time when i was playing some FiveM and then it has just escalated and started happening in other games aswell.

Since then i've also started to take closer looks at the task manager whenever i start games and it almost maxes out the ram sometimes. So i honestly think the ram isn't feeling well but i'm still not too sure. Thus why i'm asking here.

I mean let's start with the basics, I guess it could be:
    1. Any sort of driver issue (Unlikely, unless after any sort of update...).

2. Overloaded ram(?) Basically too many apps running in the background (Chrome, Spotify, wallpaper managers, any screen recorders, etc.).

3. Have you tried contacting MS support? (guessing it is Windows).

4. I haven't really played with it, but have you tried any virtual memory, from a drive? (Again, assuming you are using Windows).

Stay safe and keep us posted!

Run memtest over night to make sure its not RAM. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

37 minutes ago, Zuccers said:

I mean let's start with the basics, I guess it could be:
    1. Any sort of driver issue (Unlikely, unless after any sort of update...).

2. Overloaded ram(?) Basically too many apps running in the background (Chrome, Spotify, wallpaper managers, any screen recorders, etc.).

3. Have you tried contacting MS support? (guessing it is Windows).

4. I haven't really played with it, but have you tried any virtual memory, from a drive? (Again, assuming you are using Windows).

Stay safe and keep us posted!

Probably not overloaded ram. I close most of the programs that for example starts auto with Windows (also yes, i've got Windows 10) and programs i barely use. Never tried any virtual memory. I also haven't gotten the time to try and contact MS support yet.

Also like that other guy that replied first said to check the windows error log. I've got almost 13k not errors but things that has happened. Most of them seem to be something with the built in ''Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168'' for bluetooth. And i have no idea what the rest of them means because i'm not AT all an expert with PC's. Almost forgot... I have no idea if it's any sort of driver issues.