Will the Rx 570 Run Vr?

Careful_Quantity

Hello I was wondering if my Rx 570 would be enough to run some vr titles like, beat saber and robo recall. 

12 minutes ago, Careful_Quantity said:

Hello I was wondering if my Rx 570 would be enough to run some vr titles like, beat saber and robo recall. 

Beatsaber and robo recall will be fine. More intensive titles will struggle.

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Probably not

A gtx 1050 is enough to run those titles as long as you aren't cranking up the graphics to the absolute max.

Just now, jaslion said:

A gtx 1050 is enough to run those titles as long as you aren't cranking up the graphics to the absolute max.

Trust me, a 1050 on beatsaber is the fastest way to get sick and vomit. You need 2 instances of a game running at a minimum of 90 frames per second at what is almost 1080p. The 1050 is barely considered a 720p card in 2020.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Trust me, a 1050 on beatsaber is the fastest way to get sick and vomit. You need 2 instances of a game running at a minimum of 90 frames per second at what is almost 1080p. The 1050 is barely considered a 720p card in 2020.

It does depend on the headset. I use a 970m which for all intents and purposes is basically a gtx 1050 in strength and it's fine for superhot, beatsaber and robo recall all on a oculus rift. It's surprising at how well these games can run on little hardware.

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It does depend on the headset. I use a 970m which for all intents and purposes is basically a gtx 1050 in strength and it's fine for superhot, beatsaber and robo recall all on a oculus rift. It's surprising at how well these games can run on little hardware.

970M is a good 20% faster with over double the memory bandwidth. That's why it works. Its a 1050 To equivalent

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

970M is a good 20% faster with over double the memory bandwidth. That's why it works. Its a 1050 To equivalent

That is true however I did not mention my 970m is downclocked due to a defective fan in my laptop making it run at 721mhz on core and 3800mhz on memory which is still fine to play those games as I played beatsaber and superhot yesterday. This is easily a 20% performance drop on my end.

3 hours ago, Careful_Quantity said:

If it's an 8GB RX570 it should be okay for most titles with sensible settings.

You can also Auto OC the GPU in Radeon Software for a wee bit more performance.
You'll need to keep it cool though, playing with the side panel off and a window open helps 🙂