Cooler for ryzen 3600

LethoX
Go to solution Solved by Vejnemojnen,
20 minutes ago, LethoX said:

That is good to know, thanks for getting me that info. Now I know what to look for.

Location? I guess the Alpenföhn Brocken Eco Advanced is not available for you?

ID Cooling SE 213V2?

Cryorig M9?

Deepcool Gammaxx 300?

all of these are vast improvement over stock cooler. The latter three are kind of compact-ish coolers, all smaller than 140mm in height, and only have 3 pairs of heatpipes.

Greetings, I just recieved my prebuilt PC which has a ryzen 5 3600 CPU and the stock cooler. First thing I did was check temps, didn't run any benchmarks since I'll only use it for gaming. So I went into CSGO for 30 minutes and the CPU got to 86,6C. Which I think is a bit hot considering CSGO is like 8 years old, so I'm worried if I play new titles it will hit 90+. I don't know if it's within the norm, but I do get a bit "scared" when seeing that high temps. So I'm looking to buy an aircooler to replace the stock. I searched the forum first, but most posts said they wanted RGB and what not. Well I just want the best performing & quiet aircooler within budget, I don't care about looks. Budget is 50 USD.

Short version: What aircooler should I get for ryzen 3600 going for performance/silent? Budget is 50 USD. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Deepcool Gammaxx 400 or Arctic Freezer 34 are cheap and good enough if those fit in your case.

Thanks for the suggestions the case is: Corsair Carbide VG-100R Silent

Is there a way I know it can fit, or do I just need to measure it?

9 minutes ago, LethoX said:

Greetings, I just recieved my prebuilt PC which has a ryzen 5 3600 CPU and the stock cooler. First thing I did was check temps, didn't run any benchmarks since I'll only use it for gaming. So I went into CSGO for 30 minutes and the CPU got to 86,6C. Which I think is a bit hot considering CSGO is like 8 years old, so I'm worried if I play new titles it will hit 90+. I don't know if it's within the norm, but I do get a bit "scared" when seeing that high temps. So I'm looking to buy an aircooler to replace the stock. I searched the forum first, but most posts said they wanted RGB and what not. Well I just want the best performing & quiet aircooler within budget, I don't care about looks. Budget is 50 USD.

Short version: What aircooler should I get for ryzen 3600 going for performance/silent? Budget is 50 USD. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

In your case, the Arctic Freezer 34 is a solid choice.  I bought one for my Ryzen 3600 build with a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard.   The Arctic Freezer was not compatible out of the box.  The Arctic web site does not have any information on what motherboards are compatible out of the box.   Arctic will send you a new backplate to use with the motherboard if it isn't compatible.

So while the Arctic should work great, you might have to wait for a new part from Arctic to be sent via mail.  I would also call the company directly since e-mails do not get answered (at least they have not yet and it has been 7 days now).

3 minutes ago, LethoX said:

Thanks for the suggestions the case is: Corsair Carbide VG-100R Silent

Is there a way I know it can fit, or do I just need to measure it?

According to the Corsair web-site the max XPU cooler height is:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Carbide-Series™-100R-Silent-Edition-Mid-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011077-WW#tab-tech-specs

Maximum CPU Cooler Height  150mm

The Arctic is 158 mm tall, so it wouldn't fit.  Not sure about the other one.

If the fan is running slow, the temps would get higher. Stress test with something synthetic instead of a game.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

According to the Corsair web-site the max XPU cooler height is:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Carbide-Series™-100R-Silent-Edition-Mid-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011077-WW#tab-tech-specs

Maximum CPU Cooler Height  150mm

The Arctic is 158 mm tall, so it wouldn't fit.  Not sure about the other one.

That is good to know, thanks for getting me that info. Now I know what to look for.

20 minutes ago, LethoX said:

ID Cooling SE 213V2?

Cryorig M9?

Deepcool Gammaxx 300?

all of these are vast improvement over stock cooler. The latter three are kind of compact-ish coolers, all smaller than 140mm in height, and only have 3 pairs of heatpipes.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

8 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

ID Cooling SE 213V2?

Cryorig M9?

Deepcool Gammaxx 300?

I'm from Denmark and I found a few sites with the Alpenföhn brocken eco advanced cooler you linked. Is it superior to the others? Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, LethoX said:

I'm from Denmark and I found a few sites with the Alpenföhn brocken eco advanced cooler you linked. Is it superior to the others? Thanks for the help.

of course it is. Beefier heatsink with more heatpipes and larger fan :) A bit better performing than Arctic 34.

7 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

of course it is. Beefier heatsink with more heatpipes and larger fan :) A bit better performing than Arctic 34.

Fantastic, how is the noise though? The stock ryzen cooler is extremely loud, so I kinda want something that's more quiet too.

18 minutes ago, Lethoxx said:

That's the one I need then, just hope it's going to fit. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

I hope so. It should fit theoretically. 

Though not well known world-wide, but Alpenföhn coolers are very popular in Hungary, mostly due to their prices. AND, opposed to other budget-ish coolers, they actually have very good fans. 

browse through some user reviews (use translate if required)

https://geizhals.de/?sr=2016216,-1

https://www.arukereso.hu/szamitogep-huto-c3094/alpenfohn/brocken-eco-advanced-120mm-84000000148-p461966901/#velemenyek

39 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I hope so. It should fit theoretically. 

Though not well known world-wide, but Alpenföhn coolers are very popular in Hungary, mostly due to their prices. AND, opposed to other budget-ish coolers, they actually have very good fans. 

browse through some user reviews (use translate if required)

https://geizhals.de/?sr=2016216,-1

https://www.arukereso.hu/szamitogep-huto-c3094/alpenfohn/brocken-eco-advanced-120mm-84000000148-p461966901/#velemenyek

There's a guy on the german website you linked saying he used the same case and cpu. So I guess it does fit then which is perfect. You've been really helpful and I appreciate it a lot. Have a great day :)

Going through the same situation here , building a PC with a 3600 but was considering to skip the cooler for some budget issues , In my country currently the Ryzen 7 2700x is the same price as the Ryzen 5 3600 , should I just get the 2700x for gaming only cause it has the amazing prism cooler that's more quite and can actually cool?