Need to upgrade becuase my pc runs too hot, need help picking what to upgrade though...

Hi, so as the title mentions, my pc tends to run super hot. I generally game for 6+ hours a day at least and my temperatures of my pc can get up into the 80s celcius. And as I understand that's not good for it at all. I think I want to get an aio cooler and possibly more case fans but am not really sure where to start. Ideally I would like to stay under $300 usd but can go over if necessary. I have attached what my current build is now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!20200324_080958.thumb.jpg.0e5363ea62c607c175718296909c6848.jpg

so looking at the specs, the case should already have 3 front fans and 1 back fan included. is that correct?

what software do you use to monitor temps?

Yeah that's correct. I use msi afterburner as well as Icam. From what others are saying is that 80 degrees celcius is okay but that just what its normally at. Three days ago I got a warning that it was at 122 degrees celcius and that if I didnt turn it off it could damage the system. That's when I knew I had to upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

so looking at the specs, the case should already have 3 front fans and 1 back fan included. is that correct?

what software do you use to monitor temps?

Just now, Sparko said:

Yeah that's correct. I use msi afterburner as well as I am. From what others are saying is that 80 degrees celcius is okay but that just what its normally at. Three days ago I got a warning that it was at 122 degrees celcius and that if I didnt turn it off it could damage the system. That's when I knew I had to upgrade. 

oh 122 is different. get a 360mm aio

5 minutes ago, Sparko said:

Yeah that's correct. I use msi afterburner as well as Icam. From what others are saying is that 80 degrees celcius is okay but that just what its normally at. Three days ago I got a warning that it was at 122 degrees celcius and that if I didnt turn it off it could damage the system. That's when I knew I had to upgrade. 

What software reported 122c?

3 minutes ago, Sparko said:

Should I add more case fans as well or just stick with the aio?

you only have 3 slots left at the top. they will be taken by the aio. so no more space for extra case fans

Just now, boggy77 said:

you only have 3 slots left at the top. they will be taken by the aio. so no more space for extra case fans

Oh gotcha. Thankyou so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What software reported 122c?

It was originally Icam by nzxt. I installed afterburner immediately afterwards  to crank the gpu fan up to max to see if that would help. It did a bit but I'm still not comfortable that it got anywhere near that high

5 minutes ago, Sparko said:

It was originally Icam by nzxt. I installed afterburner immediately afterwards  to crank the gpu fan up to max to see if that would help. It did a bit but I'm still not comfortable that it got anywhere near that high

it was probably an error in reporting. your pc should have shut down if any component came close to 122

6 minutes ago, Sparko said:

That has to be an error. There are built in safety shutdown features. Install something like hwmonitor or the like. It wouldn't be the first time a manufacturers software is reading things wrong.

As mentioned, it's been recommended that I upgrade to a 360mm aio but havent ever built a pc myself. I would like to get some recommendations as the which ones are the easiest to install and are around $150 or less.

What components do you have or are going to get?

That might not be necessary and we could give you a second opinion.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

What components do you have or are going to get?

That might not be necessary and we could give you a second opinion.

This is my current build. It runs around 80 degrees celcius normally but has been getting hotter and hotter recently. Got a warning three days ago that it was up to 122 degrees celcius and could damage my computer. I game for at least 6 hours a day on it. @boggy77 was super helpful and recommended me 4 different ones but not sure which one to go for.

20200324_080958.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sparko said:

This is my current build. It runs around 80 degrees celcius normally but has been getting hotter and hotter recently. Got a warning three days ago that it was up to 122 degrees celcius and could damage my computer. I game for at least 6 hours a day on it. @boggy77 was super helpful and recommended me 4 different ones but not sure which one to go for.

122 and it didn't shut down? That is strange.

Have you tried remounting the cooler? (reapplying the paste as well)

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

122 and it didn't shut down? That is strange.

Have you tried remounting the cooler? (reapplying the paste as well)

No, I cant do that without it voiding the warranty. I bought it pre build from nzxt letsbld website. I don't want to mess with anything unless I'm sure I'm going to replace something

Just now, Sparko said:

No, I cant do that without it voiding the warranty. I bought it pre build from nzxt letsbld website. I don't want to mess with anything unless I'm sure I'm going to replace something

Reading that outloud now makes me realize how stupid that sounds... sorry for wasting your time...

2 minutes ago, Sparko said:

Reading that outloud now makes me realize how stupid that sounds... sorry for wasting your time...

It's all good. We live and we learn.

Def. won't void your warranty, but since you have one, call them and get their advice on it.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

It's all good. We live and we learn.

Def. won't void your warranty, but since you have one, call them and get their advice on it.

Just out of curiosity though, do you have a 240 or 360 mm aio that you would reccomend?

14 minutes ago, Sparko said:

Just out of curiosity though, do you have a 240 or 360 mm aio that you would reccomend?

Typically I wouldn't waste the money in your situation. But if you really wanted one, most are Asetek variations really so the EVGA CLC 240 @ $99 isn't bad.

I have the 360 on my 7980XE ($135 after rebate). The fans are a bit loud, but nothing you can hear while gaming.

17 minutes ago, Sparko said:

all the ones I recommended are pretty good. mostly up to which one lookes better at this point. You can also air cool with a better cooler like the noctua NH-d15 or a bequiet drak rock pro 4

-= Topics Merged =-

Lets keep the conversation in the same thread.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER