Deleting windows 10

Charlifr

Hey all,

i currently have the trial of windows 10 education, i want to change this to an activated version of windows 10 pro. I am about to purchase an M.2 ssd to put it on. I was wondering if it is 

safe to delete the windows file as it is, then reboot the PC and stick my USB with the new windows and attach it to the M.2 ssd.

Many thanks.

Id your doing a resinstall, you don't need to delete anything before the install, the installer can delete all the existing parittions.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id your doing a resinstall, you don't need to delete anything before the install, the installer can delete all the existing parittions.

so, i install my M.2, plug in my USB and carry on installing windows, once it has finished downloading, it replaces the windows that is already downloaded on my HDD?

Just now, Charlifr said:

so, i install my M.2, plug in my USB and carry on installing windows, once it has finished downloading, it replaces the windows that is already downloaded on my HDD?

Yep,just do a fresh install on the ssd. No need to delete it from the hard drive. 

1) unplug all drives except the one you want to install windows on

2) install windows on it

3) plug other drives back in but make sure you boot from the new windows drive in your BIOS boot priority

4) delete the partitions on the old windows drive through disk management in windows admin tools

5) make a new simple volume on the drive so that you can use it for reguar storage

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

2) install windows on it

3) plug other drives back in but make sure you boot from the new windows drive in your BIOS boot priority

4) delete the partitions on the old windows drive through disk management in windows admin tools

5) make a new simple volume on the drive so that you can use it for reguar storage

ok many thanks

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

2) install windows on it

Sure, but this can get messy at best. In 90% of cases you can't remove booting partition from windows drive manager and windows wont let you format some partition if he "smells" his old files on drive. So it's best just to backup all files 1st on other device and then format everything in installation part. I know it's tedious work but it will definitely work.