100% CPU, 10% GPU running Modern Warfare 2019

Klumsy

Hey there,

I've recently encountered a few problems with a new gaming rig. Whilst some games seem to run smoothly and make good use of my GPU. 
For example, I can run 2 Java dependant clients of-what would normally have fairly high CPU/GPU usage on an average gaming PC, a whole load of applications, chrome browsers, etc. and my system handles it fine with an average of 42% CPU to 40% GPU with extremely smooth FPS / gameplay.

However, when I make an attempt to launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 from Battle.net, my CPU goes right up to 100% even when I'm sitting in a party with no connection to other players, whilst my GPU sits right at 10%. Whilst the frames drop / freeze at times where there's a lot to process, like when there's 15 people dropping out of the plane on Warzone at the same time, or I run around a corner into 2 people and my game decides it's time to freeze for a split second; everything seems to be running on max graphics fine - but I still don't think my PC should be having any hiccups whatsoever with this game on any graphics setting.

I've read into bottlenecking and don't think my parts would have much to do with it, but perhaps. I'll list my specs below. Has anyone had a similar issue, if so; how did you rectify it?
Images attached below.

Specs: 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz

GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX2060 Super Dual OC 8GB GDDR6
RAM: Corsair 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX

1TB SSD - Samsung 860 EVO Series 
2TB HDD (for storage)

CPU GPU COD.png

CPU GPU RS3.png

1 minute ago, Klumsy said:

Hey there,

I've recently encountered a few problems with a new gaming rig. Whilst some games seem to run smoothly and make good use of my GPU. 
For example, I can run 2 Java dependant clients of-what would normally have fairly high CPU/GPU usage on an average gaming PC, a whole load of applications, chrome browsers, etc. and my system handles it fine with an average of 42% CPU to 40% GPU with extremely smooth FPS / gameplay.

However, when I make an attempt to launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 from Battle.net, my CPU goes right up to 100% even when I'm sitting in a party with no connection to other players, whilst my GPU sits right at 10%. Whilst the frames drop / freeze at times where there's a lot to process, like when there's 15 people dropping out of the plane on Warzone at the same time, or I run around a corner into 2 people and my game decides it's time to freeze for a split second; everything seems to be running on max graphics fine - but I still don't think my PC should be having any hiccups whatsoever with this game on any graphics setting.

I've read into bottlenecking and don't think my parts would have much to do with it, but perhaps. I'll list my specs below. Has anyone had a similar issue, if so; how did you rectify it?
Images attached below.

Specs: 

2TB HDD (for storage)

CPU GPU COD.png

CPU GPU RS3.png

The game is in beta... but with that said I have not had any issues. Make sure your Nvidia drivers are up to date, and then if they are and you still have the issue, it could just be a weird issue they will work out while its in Beta before actual release. 

Do you have issues in any other game? If not, its likely just this game needing some optimization. That said, I have not had any issues with a 6700k/GTX 1080 and a 8700k/RTX 2080. Some friends have had weird stuttering issues though.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

that most definitely is a problem with the game and not your machine , a video game shouldn't be maxing that cpu while idle in game

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 10:52 PM, Klumsy said:

Hey there,

Images attached below.

Specs: 

2TB HDD (for storage)

CPU GPU COD.png

CPU GPU RS3.png

So I currently play Warzone on console and have been researching computer tech to get into streaming on PC. I've come across multiple benchmarking websites and what not. I did notice in particular one website having a cross platform benchmark for CPU's. This might be something you would maybe want to check out in regards to the high usage of your CPU whilst playing a cross platform game such as Warzone. 

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cross-platform.html

On 3/22/2020 at 8:22 AM, Klumsy said:

Hey there,

Images attached below.

Specs: 

2TB HDD (for storage)

CPU GPU COD.png

CPU GPU RS3.png

Try Changing the default GPU in graphics options.Hope it helps

Customize-GPU-Settings-Windows-10-5.png