How to flash custom BIOS on toshiba with .bin file?

I have a Toshiba satellite c50-a-19t which I bought in 2013. I recently upgraded my CPU from an Intel celeron 1005m, to an Intel core i5 3320m. As you may know, the laptop will shut down after 30 minutes due to the fact that the hm70 chipset does not support any CPU above pentium. After some research, I found out that this was caused by the Intel management engine, which checks every 30 minutes for compatibility. I have created a modified bios, which is a .bin file, and reduces (not deletes) the amount of things that the IME can do. Could any of you please assist me on how to flash this .bin file to my bios.

Thank you very much for any replies

8 minutes ago, Malymole said:

Could any of you please assist me on how to flash this .bin file to my bios

You need to buy a CH341a - kit with a SOIC8 - cable included, like e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CH341A-Series-SPI-Flasher-USB-Programmer-24-25-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-USB-to-TTL/153784287499 , then you need another PC, you need to run Linux and install flashrom, remove battery and power from the laptop, find the BIOS-chip on the laptop's mobo, connect the cable to it, make a backup of it and then flash the new, modified BIOS with flashrom...

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You need to buy a CH341a - kit with a SOIC8 - cable included, like e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CH341A-Series-SPI-Flasher-USB-Programmer-24-25-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-USB-to-TTL/153784287499 , then you need another PC, you need to run Linux and install flashrom, remove battery and power from the laptop, find the BIOS-chip on the laptop's mobo, connect the cable to it, make a backup of it and then flash the new, modified BIOS with flashrom...

Hi there. Many thanks for your reply. I've seen that you can boot a laptop with freeDOS on a usb stick, and you launch an exe file with the bin file. And you can flash the BIOS that way. I have everything except for this exe file. Do you know any place i could find this?

1 minute ago, Malymole said:

Hi there. Many thanks for your reply. I've seen that you can boot a laptop with freeDOS on a usb stick, and you launch an exe file with the bin file. And you can flash the BIOS that way. I have everything except for this exe file. Do you know any place i could find this?

Won't work, your modified BIOS's CRC isn't correct.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Won't work, your modified BIOS's CRC isn't correct.

Is this in the Intel Management Engine?

1 minute ago, Malymole said:

Is this in the Intel Management Engine?

No.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

No.

Ok, thank you very much for your help :)

wow this sounds like a real nightmare goodluck. i have the exact same laptop and its gotten so buggy to take care of cuz its outdated gl!