What RAM kit for : Ryzen 5 3600 and an MSI B450 Mortar Max board

Hello guys, my knowledge is very vague on what Ram kit should I get for my ryzen 5 3600 and MSI B450 Mortar Max board ? (my gpu is 5700 xt sapphire pulse but iirc it has not much to do with ram)

so I've got a few questions :-A /would 2x8 be better than 16GB ?  (here is it also a good idea to use all of the 4 ram slots like 4x8 or 4x4 ?) 

B/ is it better to go DDR4 3733mHz or 3800mHz and tighten the timings (which I have no clue how it works) rather than ddr4 3600mHz + is it a good idea to look to bring subs down? 

C/ taking cl into consideration and everything else, what's the most performing RAM kit for ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450 Mortar Max board?

I tried some research to understand how IF clock and infinity fabric and all these things work, but I understood very little tbh.

so I just need some direct recommandations on what Ram kit would perform best in my situation and that's it (I live in France if that matters), I'd appreciate it a lot!

18 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

2x kit is better than 4x kit is better than 1x kit.

go for a 3600c16

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B083V93HJG?tag=pcp09-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Hey mate, I looked it up in my country and by doing so I found these prices : http://prntscr.com/rhw2ow

what do you think is best out of the three? ( interesting tho that the ripjaws was rated 28 times but other ones only 2 times)

1 hour ago, steve55 said:

Hey mate, I looked it up in my country and by doing so I found these prices : http://prntscr.com/rhw2ow

what do you think is best out of the three? ( interesting tho that the ripjaws was rated 28 times but other ones only 2 times)

you could go with either. the crucial 3600c16 is a new product, that's why it's not rated. since it's 4 euros cheaper, go with it.

the one for 93 euros is 8gb, so no.

4 hours ago, steve55 said:

Hello guys, my knowledge is very vague on what Ram kit should I get for my ryzen 5 3600 and MSI B450 Mortar Max board ? (my gpu is 5700 xt sapphire pulse but iirc it has not much to do with ram)

so I've got a few questions :-A /would 2x8 be better than 16GB ?  (here is it also a good idea to use all of the 4 ram slots like 4x8 or 4x4 ?) 

B/ is it better to go DDR4 3733mHz or 3800mHz and tighten the timings (which I have no clue how it works) rather than ddr4 3600mHz + is it a good idea to look to bring subs down? 

C/ taking cl into consideration and everything else, what's the most performing RAM kit for ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450 Mortar Max board?

I tried some research to understand how IF clock and infinity fabric and all these things work, but I understood very little tbh.

so I just need some direct recommandations on what Ram kit would perform best in my situation and that's it (I live in France if that matters), I'd appreciate it a lot!

Did your motherboard required you to update the bios before using the 3600 ??