Random Game Crashes Cant figure it out

craydawg

since switching to a 2060super back in august my system only makes it 30min or so at a time in any game. it is extrememly frustrating.

I've tried fresh installs of all drivers, gpu and chipset. Reseated the card multiple times. No overclocks, no temp issues or oddities, tried multiple power management settings all with no improvement. no events in the log that i can find.

I do not know where to go from here.

Ive got the 2606super running with a 2700x and 32GB corsair vengeance 3000mhz on an Aurous x470 gaming ultimate if some needs that info to help figure this out.

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

Try to underclock your card using MSI Afterburner (core and memory as much as possible down - Afterburner don't allow you to underclock so much anyway). Almost all cards are factory OC so this may be the problem.

6 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Try to underclock your card using MSI Afterburner (core and memory as much as possible down - Afterburner don't allow you to underclock so much anyway). Almost all cards are factory OC so this may be the problem.

Got in to afterburner again for the first time in a while. Going to take a shot in the dark here and say that this card shouldn't be hitting 82C in CSGO @ 1440p

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

32 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Temperature is not always main problem when oc. And less demanding game can heat your GPU a lot without vsync.

I'll try a few tests of lowering the power limit and voltage settings and see. If no avail I'll check out the thermal paste and pads.

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

7 minutes ago, craydawg said:

I'll try a few tests of lowering the power limit and voltage settings and see. If no avail I'll check out the thermal paste and pads.

Just try that underclock and vsync.

13 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Just try that underclock and vsync.

Amazingly underclocking and vsync actually made it worse. crashes went from crash to DT to crash to BS.

Card is going beyond thermal limits and way less stable.

This was play CSGO @1440p 

60620527442__B342E441-9C90-4D88-B76C-5007DDE04C08.JPG

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

On 3/18/2020 at 3:27 AM, homeap5 said:

Underclock to the max and set better fan curve.

max underclock and more aggressive fan curve got me slightly longer play times but still unstable. also introduced alot of stuttering. Not sure where to go from here and I'm not knowledgeable enough for voltage curves. I requested an RMA through nvidia last night, it failed their test in 19min on stock settings. hoping this process goes smoothly.

I appreciate the help. I'll use this info in the future!

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future