Store scamming me or did i screw myself over

Hello, I am writing out of confusion. About 2 weeks ago, after having many BSODs, I decided to test each of my ram sticks with memtest86. One of the ram had hundreds of errors and so I decided to return it for a replacement as that meant it was broken. After a frickin week of waiting for it to arrive at it's destination, another 5 days pass and voila it's today. The store's technician who is checking the ram to verify that it is broken calls me and tells me that they have found no problems, keep in mind they used memtest86 as that's what I told them to use. That's impossible, I say because I did find errors. But he told me that they tested them together, which didn't make any sense because I also tested them together and found problems, now that I'm writing it I wonder if they he tested them in single channel, idk if that will make a difference but I am just wondering, so I told him to check each one alone and he said he would do that. Anyways, out of fear that I spent 2 weeks in my old slow laptop for nothing, I searched what happens if I have a bad dimm slot. None of the "symptoms" applied to my case. I am just wondering if they are scamming me or I am wrong.

how were you using your ram? slots 2 and 4 on your motherboard? what are the rest of your specs?

7 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

how were you using your ram? slots 2 and 4 on your motherboard? what are the rest of your specs?

I was using slot 1 and 3 and my specs are : Ryzen 5 2600, ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 (P 3.4), Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4 3000, HDD 2tb, m.2 ssd 240gb and coolermaster masterwatt 500w

14 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Sorry I meant slot 1 and 3

6 minutes ago, Manossssss said:

it really is recommended to use slots 2 and 4. that might have been the cause of errors and why they can't find anything wrong with your ram.

6 minutes ago, Manossssss said:

Depending on the board itself the main dual channel slots should be 2 and 4, and that could be your issue. Also if the memory modules were not purchased in a two module kit together then they could be incompatible with eachother, but work perfectly fine on their own. I recommend you buy a 2x8GB or however much memory you want kit instead of purchasing a single stick at a time to minimize incompatibilities.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Depending on the board itself the main dual channel slots should be 2 and 4, and that could be your issue. Also if the memory modules were not purchased in a two module kit together then they could be incompatible with eachother, but work perfectly fine on their own. I recommend you buy a 2x8GB or however much memory you want kit instead of purchasing a single stick at a time to minimize incompatibilities.

I did buy a 2x8GB kit

Just now, Manossssss said:

I did buy a 2x8GB kit

Have you tried them in slots 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it really is recommended to use slots 2 and 4. that might have been the cause of errors and why they can't find anything wrong with your ram.

If that's really the problem I'll kill my self.(not actually ofc) I've spent 2 weeks with my slow old laptop. 

Good ol' incorrect slots.  Gets 'em every time.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

WOW, sorry to hear that OP.  I am a first time builder and knowing that the slots make such a possible difference helps.   I will make sure to use slots 2 and 4 when all the parts come in and I can start building it.

Thanks for the post.  It helped this newbie builder.

33 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Have you tried them in slots 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3?

Btw I forgot to mention that the ram stick was in slot 3

1 minute ago, PyroTheWise said:

WOW, sorry to hear that OP.  I am a first time builder and knowing that the slots make such a possible difference helps.   I will make sure to use slots 2 and 4 when all the parts come in and I can start building it.

Yes ty to everyone

2 hours ago, nick name said:

Good ol' incorrect slots.  Gets 'em every time.  

2 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

Does the fact that the faulty stick was on the 3rd slot change anything? Sorry I just realized that was really dumb what I said just IGNORE me