Intel..........facepalm

Zuba Twizta

Dear Intel,

WE WANT 4TH GEN FOR OUR GAMING TOWERS. NOT NOTEBOOKS!

From,

Zuba Twizta

p.s that "all in one" is not a mobile desktop! It has a battery!

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

What does this have to do with CES? They already said Haswel will not be on CES.

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?

i didn't get the memo......durr

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

I thought Haswell was for sometime around March.

La`~

I thought Haswell was for sometime around March.

More likely May/June

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?

intel takes their time, which is totally fine considering how great their products are.

why would they bother? we need something from amd first to realistically but a candle under intel's ass

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

intel takes their time, which is totally fine considering how great their products are.
And lack of conpetition :(

Well I didn't expect to much out of Haswell anyway. Maybe we can get something good from AMD at some point in the near future.

What more do you want out of your CPU at the moment...

I think that Intel is taking their time to do it well and also to not completely destroy AMD's competition. (And probably also put more effort into mobile development)

It's nice for consumers to have competition but I think it is also nice for big companies so they have a comparison product. For example, Intel will probably (still) be able to say for their next CPU generation that they have the best performance product on the market and compare it with AMD's products. Even if the AMD's products have a better price/performance ratio, Intel is keeping their leader image and the average consumer is happy to buy their products.

I appreciate how Intel actually lowered the power so significantly in the new mobile processors, real good thing going on

Only, did they mention integrated graphics at all when talking about their mobile processors? I didn't hear anything about it, hope they boosted performance. These CPU's they're talking about in the new Ultrabook spec are indeed Haswell? Are they using Intel HD 5000 or still 4000?

Either way, I'm not sure who's going to do better in the mobile CPU, new Intel CPU's or the new AMD APU's. AMD showed their new architecture's showing up previous Intel CPU's by a mile, just going to have to wait I guess

However, I wish they would have touched on desktop for just a little bit, it's like every manufacturer at CES suddenly forgot they make desktop parts

I really hope AMD comes up with something :( lack of competition from AMD has make Intel kind of lazy. I am looking forward to hear more about this on live streams.

AMD really has to step with the CPU part and i suppose with their current direction the APU is a start.

AMD really has to step with the CPU part and i suppose with their current direction the APU is a start.

I remember reading that their plan was to slowly make parts of their APU be able to do both graphical and mathematical computing, with certain parts of it being better at one process than the other. THey'd then slowly go further and further, and eventually reach a point where every part of it can be used equally for both processes.

It's been known that Intel weren't going to release Haswell at CES.

http://www.techpowerup.com/178068/Intel-Core-quot-Haswell-quot-Delayed-till-Computex-2013-No-Show-at-CES.html

It's coming, don't worry :)

Shame they haven't made an announcement about it at CES though.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

My i7 930 @ 3.8GHz is still chugging along fine, I don't see a reason to upgrade yet. I want Broadwell to be what makes me want to upgrade. But if it was as bad as Ivybridge I would be disappointed.

And then by that time intel is soldering the cpu to the motherboard which I think is a huge mistake

Its not the hardware its the games. Intel is doing just fine as far as the games are concerned

I hope AMD really comes with somethinig for the higher-end/entuaist market, there seem's to be a lack of competition in that class, and they have to step up with something to not completely lose it with Intel. I know they're busy with their APU's and GPU's, but they really have to make a plan to not go down when it comes to plain CPU's.

MEH

Lack of serious nail biting competition for number one and a major lack in PC game developers pushing the envelope has led to this seemingly stand still in the market where nothing is moving for enthusiasts.

There is no need or motivation for intel to release 4th Gen. They are sitting on what they currently have and milking the cash cow. It will continue to happen unless there is a shift in the market which doesn't look to good.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

pretty sure the 4th gen is needed since it is developed towards mobile products to reduce power consumption. they could potentially be good for a gaming platform but imo it is filling the area where it is needed.