Is this ok?

Hello guys I'm kinda new to all this. I know whats good and whats bad but I don't know whats compatible. This is my build so far.

I'm from UK so prices would need to be converted to GBP. Does this work? I've found all the parts in the UK new for around £1800. 

5 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Would that need a BIOS update? The compatibility check says it might... I don't really feel confident in doing that. No I don't own anything in it. I haven't built a had a PC since I last built one in 2014 or something. I use a gaming laptop at the moment and want to get back to desktops.

19 minutes ago, IllegalHelios said:

Hello guys I'm kinda new to all this. I know whats good and whats bad but I don't know whats compatible. This is my build so far.

I'm from UK so prices would need to be converted to GBP. Does this work? I've found all the parts in the UK new for around £1800. 

Why is that 1080ti costing you over a grand. I can get one for like £350.

14 minutes ago, IllegalHelios said:

You can set PCPP to UK in the top right hand corner of the site by selecting the drop down menu and choosing United Kingdom. This will show prices and stores local to the UK.

The parts list you have is full of strange choices. The GTX 1080 Ti is no longer in production and if any stores still have stock then it is old stock that has been sitting on the shelves for the past year. While that might not necessarily be a bad thing if it is heavily discounted, you'd be crazy to pay full retail price for a 3 year old graphics card.

You could probably even swap the 24" 1080p 144hz monitor out for a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor as well if you want.

1 minute ago, IllegalHelios said:

Would that need a BIOS update? The compatibility check says it might... I don't really feel confident in doing that.

The "MAX" motherboards from MSI do not require a BIOS update, they are already updated for 3000 series CPUs.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1080ti for such a herendous price? WTF.. Go for Ryzen 5 and RTX 2080Ti. Intel 8th and 1080Ti is 2018..

Asus PRIME Z390-A | Intel Core i7 9700K | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2400 | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC | 256 M.2 SSD | 2TB SSHD WD

20 minutes ago, IllegalHelios said:

Would that need a BIOS update? The compatibility check says it might... I don't really feel confident in doing that. No I don't own anything in it. I haven't built a had a PC since I last built one in 2014 or something. I use a gaming laptop at the moment and want to get back to desktops.

Don't worry the Max version is 3000 ready :)

Thanks guys all your replies are very appreciated and I'm learning more about PC parts which is always good :)

Save a bit of money for upgrades. The next Nvidia cards should hopefully get an announcement on the 24th March. 

The Acer 1440p Freesync monitor is pretty good for the price. It doesn't have the best stand in the world (Only allows tilt) but for under £300 it is a good price for an IPS screen that works ok with Nvidia gpu's.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£259.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (£29.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£103.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£99.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Toshiba P300 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.55 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  (£338.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (£59.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£75.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Monitor: Acer VG270U Pbmiipx 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  (£269.00 @ Currys PC World) 
Total: £1359.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-13 11:01 GMT+0000