long network cable

guttmannen

so today i installed a long network cable to my new room. first a 25 meter one, then a extender thing (ethernet ports at both sides) then another 10 meter cable and everything is in cat 6 but I only got 130/40 mbps and I am paying for 250/100. i tested with my laptop and a 1 meter cable from the router and i got 230/80 and im fine with that. does the connection get so bad from 35 meter (kinda 35 yards) away?i think its a bit strange that it losses so much. what should i do?

Per the electrical spec, it is rated for 100m. Below that and you'll have no issues* and above that it's in most cases just not going to work or cause a ton of errors. Can you link the extender you have? Something akin to this?:

https://smile.amazon.com/Inline-Coupler-AVACON-Ethernet-Female/dp/B07DWPW5MJ

*Provided no large source of EM radiation are present, damaged wires, etc.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

43 minutes ago, guttmannen said:

so today i installed a long network cable to my new room. first a 25 meter one, then a extender thing (ethernet ports at both sides) then another 10 meter cable and everything is in cat 6 but I only got 130/40 mbps and I am paying for 250/100. i tested with my laptop and a 1 meter cable from the router and i got 230/80 and im fine with that. does the connection get so bad from 35 meter (kinda 35 yards) away?i think its a bit strange that it losses so much. what should i do?

You say that you tested with your laptop, does that imply that the 130/40 result was with a different computer? Or was the laptop the only computer used, but with the cable changed? 

Would very much rule out that coupler. That one in particular. Those are usually not that bad, but you've got something going on with the line. 

I would:

1. Test each cable with the same PC, and see if they both produce same speeds. You shouldn't see a major difference between them. Not 100+ meg difference like you did before.

2. I'd then test the coupler with a new pair of cables. 

Compare the two, and make your decision off of that.

Perfect world, you can run cat6 cables for up to 100m (~320ft). I would remove the coupler if, at all, possible. 

"Soli Deo Gloria"

IT Technician by trade. Computer/Network equipment enthusiast!

Gaming PC: 

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (Stock Core Clock)
  • XFX RX 590 FATBOY 8 GB (Stock Core Clock)
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-F Motherboard
  • Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2x8) kit 3200 Mhz RAM
  • 512 GB Intel 660p M.2 NVMe SSD (Boot & Current Games)
  • 3 TB Toshiba HDD @ 7,200 rpm (Data)
  • 2 TB Seagate HDD @ 7,200 rpm (Backup)
  • Corsair CX650M PSU
  • NZXT S340 Elite Case
  • 24" AOC C24G1 1500r Curved Gaming Monitor 144hz 1080p
  • Turtle Beach Stealth 450 Gaming Headset
  • Corsair K63 10-Keyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX)
  • Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse, Razor Death Adder
  • Win10 Home

PC Part Picker Link