Not sure which one is better

mediumi0

Yoo, i need one last part to complete my build and it is gpu. Im not sure with which one should i go..  I'm thinking about RTX 2060 Super or RTX 2070. The prices are kinda same, but i heard that some people said rtx 2070 is better than rtx2060 super in many ways. Is that true? Or maybee i should go with Radeon 5700 XT? Thank you for all your answers and opinions. By the way, im thinking the most about this gpu https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-geforce-rtx-2060-super-ventus-gp-oc-8192mb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-35f-ms.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu6fzBRC6ARIsAJUwa2SKKEbx38XAWit8lPtgh3uTeCzTskO-daHedvHvAYEhcSTvBvfLLiwaAlc5EALw_wcB

Setup:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

GPU: ??????? 

Mobo: ASUS Prime x570 Pro

RAM: LPX 16GB 3200mhz

SSD: M.2 WD 500Gb

HDD: 1Tb HDD 

PSU: Corsair RM750x

there is a video in which the 5700 is shown to be the best performer with the 2060 having the best features at one price range, at the next price range up the 5700 won by default because it was the same test and same cards. at the price range after that the 2070 super came into play and kicked ass against the other two.

but either way you go. AMD has been having a few issues with their latest driver update so you might want to research that first.

31 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

For the same price the 5700XT is better and they fixed the drivers now :)

Next AMD driver update: Now with Radeon Experience 

RTX 2070 is better than RTX 2060 Super

RTX 2070 is slightly better depending on use case than RX 5700XT

I'd go with RTX 2070 over the 5700 XT personally, but its really a bit of a toss up.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

23 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

RTX 2070 is better than RTX 2060 Super

RTX 2070 is slightly better depending on use case than RX 5700XT

I'd go with RTX 2070 over the 5700 XT personally, but its really a bit of a toss up.

What do you think about this one? 

https://www.ebuyer.com/921190-msi-geforce-rtx-2070-ventus-gp-8gb-graphics-card-rtx-2070-ventus-gp?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu6fzBRC6ARIsAJUwa2TDqzBy_H3C4h1pnZlEEU_XHPkohcNwWknri23LfOyIVLwUT8_pGv4aAhFQEALw_wcB

Is it a good choice or im missing something better for nearly the same price? 

5 minutes ago, mediumi0 said:

I'm really only familiar with US pricing. Perhaps someone else here can comment?

These are usually in the $400-$420 USD price range over here (320-335 GBP)

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

5 minutes ago, mediumi0 said:

you should read the below linked section as it has that particular card as one of the worst for being hot running and undercooled with the stock coolers on the card.

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

you should read the below linked section as it has that particular card as one of the worst for being hot running and undercooled with the stock coolers on the card.

Alright, i see. I couldn't find any info there about windforce edition by gigabyte. What do you think personally about this one? Or it is the same as ventus? (btw suggest me something better if u guys know, under 550 usd or smth, ty) 

https://www.ebuyer.com/897796-gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-windforce-2x-8gb-graphics-card-gv-n2070wf2-8gd?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu6fzBRC6ARIsAJUwa2QOQHIofata9zm42jyZHZ47bcUsj4f5Q4DfOTVC9anovLnpkFB1pIYaAtIeEALw_wcB

3 minutes ago, mediumi0 said:

Alright, i see. I couldn't find any info there about windforce edition by gigabyte. What do you think personally about this one? Or it is the same as ventus? (btw suggest me something better if u guys know, under 550 usd or smth, ty) 

https://www.ebuyer.com/897796-gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-windforce-2x-8gb-graphics-card-gv-n2070wf2-8gd?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu6fzBRC6ARIsAJUwa2QOQHIofata9zm42jyZHZ47bcUsj4f5Q4DfOTVC9anovLnpkFB1pIYaAtIeEALw_wcB

well what you are seeing is not the exact card. the poster didn't include all info on exactly which cards they were talking about and just gave the wide variety of the types.