I´m moving out. What components can I leave on the case and which should I personally carry?

Hey guys!

Just like the title says, I´m moving out and if possible I would like to leave as many components as possible in the case (but it´s likely there will be quite a bit of vibration and movement on the truck that´s gonna carry it alongside most of my stuff). The case will be going inside it´s box (it has the Styrofoam thingies -sorry, not a native english speaker, no idea how they are actually called- so that the case will have a snug fit).

My plan is to leave the MB, CPU (i5 8400), RAM sticks and PSU installed on the case... and pretty much everything else I would take with me (CPU cooler -it´s pretty big and heavy-, fans, GPU and HDDs and SSDs). Is this a good idea? What should I change?

Thanks in advance!

If it has a giant beefy heatsink, remove it to prevent board damages. If it's closed loop water cooling... Leave that in.

Remove the dedicated GPU. Biggest issue here as it can destroy the PCI-e slot in transit.

HDDs as well if you really want to make sure your data is fine.

And... That's it.

Fans, SSDs and what not are fine to stay in.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I only took out GPU and CPU heatsink when I move out 6 months ago.

For monitor better you sell current one and buy new monitor when you arrive. The monitor won't survive on delivery.

19 minutes ago, Goldilock said:

For monitor better you sell current one and buy new monitor when you arrive. The monitor won't survive on delivery.

Really depends how they pack it up. If they don't have the original box anymore, large thick sheets(the kind movers use) and taped up real good, should help keeping it safe.

Unless they literally throw it around, but that's why you take an insurance for moving. To protect your stuff from damages. Be sure to take pictures of all your crap before and after if you do.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

24 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Really depends how they pack it up. If they don't have the original box anymore, large thick sheets(the kind movers use) and taped up real good, should help keeping it safe.

Unless they literally throw it around, but that's why you take an insurance for moving. To protect your stuff from damages. Be sure to take pictures of all your crap before and after if you do.

This is exactly what I did, put it in original box then 4 layers of bubble wrap, boxed in wooden crate just to be safe .

The monitor did get damaged anyway and the insurance company won't cover the damage (I present photo before and after delivery, heck I even video of the unboxing, the insurance said "sorry, your good value exceeding our coverage", even though my monitor only costs $150 and they say coverage is up to $350)

In the end, the lesson learned is to never take people for the thing they will do and there is no such thing as taking precaution too far. Can anyone assure me that the delivery company won't toss my stuff around ?. the fragile sticker certainly wouldn't and insurance company can always bailed out for whatever reason they can come up with.

I do have bias against insurance company because this is the 5th they bailed out on me despite my compliance with policy and never late paying premium. I do hope insurance industry get collapsed in near future. 

The fans and SSDs you can leave in.  HDD is more iffy but not bad.  Just make sure you park the head when it shuts down (this may no longer even be a thing.  The GPU is the most delicate part because it hangs out there in the middle of everything.  If you have a custom loop, AIO, or an even small/medium sized air cooler it’s better to leave it attached.  A large air cooler should also be removed though.  With the cooler it’s about weight.  A heavy or very large air cooler may put too much weight on the motherboard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.