REMOTE ACCESS FROM BIOS W/H RESTRICTIONS

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
1 minute ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

So would i be able to only let them access certain files and run certain applications? My hope is for there to be a web client that you can press say reset and it will run a command to reset but there also be access for remote access if the web client for the easy commands fails. If that makes sense

Really you want a hypervisor, it will make this very easy

With impi, normally its everything or nothing, so you would need a box in the middle to only allow some commands, and thats gonna be a lot of work.

This seems extremely convoluted to give admin power to do stuff for Minecraft. 

Considering you'd have to do scripting anyway for automated backup recovery, i'd just create a web portal in PHP and use its exec() functions to trigger bash scripts and just have them control the "power" to the Minecraft service...i.e being able to start/stop/restart the minecraft .jar instance. 

Then you can do all the security access levels you want in the PHP and approval by you or a delegate admin for doing backup restores. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

19 hours ago, Jarsky said:

This seems extremely convoluted to give admin power to do stuff for Minecraft. 

Considering you'd have to do scripting anyway for automated backup recovery, i'd just create a web portal in PHP and use its exec() functions to trigger bash scripts and just have them control the "power" to the Minecraft service...i.e being able to start/stop/restart the minecraft .jar instance. 

Then you can do all the security access levels you want in the PHP and approval by you or a delegate admin for doing backup restores. 

yeah i guess. how would i go about making sure no one can back door it and how would i do this?

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

2 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

yeah i guess. how would i go about making sure no one can back door it and how would i do this?

Use best practice for hardening the server, and for writing the code. This is mostly a question for programming.

Id personally probably setup an apache/lighttpd server with mysql which can only be authenticated locally. Create a site using bootstrap, setup a database for user authentication and use a sha256 salt for the passwords, and create user levels. then setup some buttons and link them to bash scripts using the exec() function. e.g

<?php
        exec("(/home/user/minecraftscripts/start.sh)");
?>

You can do all sorts of stuff like allow them to edit parts of the config file, trigger manual backups, restore server from backups, etc...none of this sort of stuff requires hooks into the game so easy enough to solution if you have moderate coding experience. I used to do a lot of this for CS, Rust, Minecraft, etc....years ago for managing my own servers.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

3 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

Use best practice for hardening the server, and for writing the code. This is mostly a question for programming.

Id personally probably setup an apache/lighttpd server with mysql which can only be authenticated locally. Create a site using bootstrap, setup a database for user authentication and use a sha256 salt for the passwords, and create user levels. then setup some buttons and link them to bash scripts using the exec() function. e.g

<?php
        exec("(/home/user/minecraftscripts/start.sh)");
?>

You can do all sorts of stuff like allow them to edit parts of the config file, trigger manual backups, restore server from backups, etc...none of this sort of stuff requires hooks into the game so easy enough to solution if you have moderate coding experience. I used to do a lot of this for CS, Rust, Minecraft, etc....years ago for managing my own servers.

looks like ive got a lot to code! I will probably not do it for now just some basic system or something, I haven't got the time for the code. BTW this is for Minecraft bedrock edition. I want something like the companies that host them have with simple interfaces for this kinda stuff.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

3 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

looks like ive got a lot to code! I will probably not do it for now just some basic system or something, I haven't got the time for the code. BTW this is for Minecraft bedrock edition.

McMyAdmin has come a long way as well, you might want to check that out as it might be a prebuilt solution that does everything you're after

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

McMyAdmin has come a long way as well, you might want to check that out as it might be a prebuilt solution that does everything you're after

just had a look and looks pretty good will have to test out in the future. thanks for the help.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!