Best Audiophile headphones below 200€

TeoSmj

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for a pair of headphones to use on my Windows PC. The will be attached to a focusrite2i2 external soundcard. My main use is fl studio 20 and listening to lossless music.

Do you suggest open or closed headphones? And which headphones do you recommend within a 200€ budget?

Thank you 

5 hours ago, TeoSmj said:

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for a pair of headphones to use on my Windows PC. The will be attached to a focusrite2i2 external soundcard. My main use is fl studio 20 and listening to lossless music.

Do you suggest open or closed headphones? And which headphones do you recommend within a 200€ budget?

Thank you 

What kind of music do you normally listen to? Do you prefer a flat sound response? 

11 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

What kind of music do you normally listen to? Do you prefer a flat sound response? 

Usually Hip-hop, i need a flat sound response in order to have a real feedback while producing on fl studio 

I’m not an expert in the area but I thought ATH-M70X (or M50X for more bang for the buck) provides good audio quality and flat sound response. 

Do correct me if I’m wrong. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

17 minutes ago, Nocte said:

I’m not an expert in the area but I thought ATH-M70X (or M50X for more bang for the buck) provides good audio quality and flat sound response. 

Do correct me if I’m wrong. 

Those sound bland to me, and are not comfortable. For home usage I’ve always preferred open back. I’d say take a look at the Sennheiser HD6XX. There are others in the same price category, but none scale as well as the Senns with good sound gear. The Meze 99 Noir is not comfortable TO ME, but sounds good and I’ve heard of others enjoying some comfort with those. Kinda unbalanced, but good nonetheless.

7 hours ago, TeoSmj said:

Usually Hip-hop, i need a flat sound response in order to have a real feedback while producing on fl studio 

f or a flat response the sennheiser hd 600 is a good chhoise or the hd 6xx and  58x which all have a ghenerally neutral but warm sound to them. other headphones that are generally neutral to neutral bright to consider is the akg k361 and the hd 280 pro both pretty well respected headphones. the hd 280 is my choice for general monitoring.