What'd you ask for for your birthday?

27 minutes ago, fpo said:

I’m not aiming at a budget. 

More so like... listening to everything because some out of budget things may remind me of in budget things. 

Well if there’s no budget lots of people would like a 4k OLED gaming monitor.  They cost like a used car though.  This is the problem with this stuff.  The price ranges are extreme.

Things techies like:  

hardware.  

One big selector is tinkerer or user.  Users won’t have use for tinkerer stuff
User

Something that Doesn’t get in the way and makes things more pleasant.

keyboards, mice, mouse pads and USB keys come to mind.

tinkerer

Something that makes things easier instead of harder.  Those Ifixit screw driver sets might be interesting.  One cheap option if he’s got a broken phone screen is a fixit kit for the screen.  They’re not hard to use and they save tons of money. 

Software.
 Often games.  Helps to know what kind of games they like.  If it’s unknown a steam card or GoG card might work.  With more knowledge it could be narrowed down.

subscriptions

Floatplane comes to mind of course

a patreon subscription to gamers nexus if he’s into building PCs

nvidia has a game streaming thing out that could be cool if he’s a gamer.  It’s had some problems recently.  It works well but game companies are pulling out.  There’s also stadia which is a less nice version of the same thing that has different and more severe problems.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.