Small MATX build

nhess

Hey guys for budget reasons I want to try and find a SFF MATX case. I would be cool with only being able to have an apu in there, but would prefer to be able to get a smaller gpu in there as well. Would buy used parts to try and piece-meal this together. Want something small!

The Jonesbo C32 is about as small as mATX gets with a full sized ATX Psu

Here's a case list sorted based on size. Most are mITX but there's a few mATX cases in here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dzRY3LLsXcDX5Qt5PvQOrAJhw0EK9Cy7UtQPdyRp6PY/edit#gid=0

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just a correction, SFF mostly refers with ITX systems. mATX is just mAtx.

Now, most mATX cases are about the same size.

Unless you get duo chamber designs like Corsair's Crystal 280x, but it would cost you 100$ USD just for the base model without the RGB.

Or, a box design case by Thermaltake, Level 20 VT.

I have personally tried the Thermaltake Versa H15, and H17.

They aren't large, but not as short聽as the two mentioned above. However, they do have a larger footprint.

Since you mentioned you will fit a APU, or a small size GPU, I assume your budget would not allow the premium from ITX system.

All these advice is base off of mATX.

ITX System in general would cost you more for motherboards, and a chance of needing to buy an after market cooling.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.