How to check android app compatibility with device.

Hi guys 

I need to (maybe?) buy an Android phone to flash software to my new M365 scooter. I don’t want the most expensive phone in the world because I already have a good iPhone, how can I check if the app ‘m365 DownG’ can be used with a particular Android version? I’m thinking of getting a Galaxy S7.

I guess my questions would be:

Would the app work with Android 8?

Would I really need to buy an Android phone, or would an emulator do fine?

Thank you!

Usually apps won't appear in the play store if your version is lower than required.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Usually apps won't appear in the play store if your version is lower than required.

I haven’t bought the phone yet, so I dont think this is possible 

you could try installing some form of Android such as Phoenix os or maybe bliss os on your laptop.

It should do the trick for you, maybe even while running in a VM but that's up for you to find out.

Usually, you can check all the essential details in Play regarding an app. If details are unavailable or not enough, drop an email to the developer to get accurate details..in your issue its camialfa2@gmail.com ..hope this would helpful..Further, S7 support Android 6.0 to 8.0 and the app you have mentioned requires 4.3 or higher..So, technically the app is compatible..