Connect argb and rgb

Skynetuga

Hello

I own a lian li xl dynamic that has a argb light in the front.. my question is can i connect 6 corsair ml 120 rgb pro with the commander.. cause friend told me that i cant connect rgb and argb in same board even in diferent headers cause volts.. is this true?

They are not intercompatible. The pinouts are different. If you attempt to plug an addressable RGB strip into a non-addressable header, you'll fry the strip at best, fry the board at worst. If you do attempt to plug a non-addressable strip into an addressable header, it just won't work, and that's just for the 12v vs. 5v differential. Additionally, the pinouts are entirely different.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

2 hours ago, Skynetuga said:

Hello

I own a lian li xl dynamic that has a argb light in the front.. my question is can i connect 6 corsair ml 120 rgb pro with the commander.. cause friend told me that i cant connect rgb and argb in same board even in diferent headers cause volts.. is this true?

if the lian li is argb and the ml120 are also argb it will work....but off the bat the connectors are different so then you have to get an adapters.

there are some ways of getting argb to work with rgb controller but its not ideal plan your build around all rgb or all argb.

if you all ready have the corsair commander or node and want the argb strip to attach to it then you need an adapter  1 2 3

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links