Phantek Evolv Shift X

Msalve
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
10 minutes ago, Msalve said:

No, not just watercooling. This will be my first time build so I only feel comfortable buying a factory aio.

AIO is watercooling.  S’cool.

Hi everyone,

I am looking to build my first pc. It will be mainly gaming but also want it to be able to be used for photo/video editing later on if I need it.

I am needing to sit it ontop of my sit stand desk so small form factor is great if possible. I am currently set on a corsair 280x micro atx build, but I have just come across the Phantek Evolv Shift X mini itx case.

Are there any micro atx cases that are similar to the Phantek Evolv Shift X?

43 minutes ago, Msalve said:

Hi everyone,

I am looking to build my first pc. It will be mainly gaming but also want it to be able to be used for photo/video editing later on if I need it.

I am needing to sit it ontop of my sit stand desk so small form factor is great if possible. I am currently set on a corsair 280x micro atx build, but I have just come across the Phantek Evolv Shift X mini itx case.

Are there any micro atx cases that are similar to the Phantek Evolv Shift X?

Watercooling only narrow tower SFF?  There are a few.  They tend to be prebuilts.  It’s a design only starting to come out.  UFDtech did a build in an nzxt case that fit that description.  I don’t know if it’s out yet.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Watercooling only narrow tower SFF?  There are a few.  They tend to be prebuilts.  It’s a design only starting to come out.  UFDtech did a build in an nzxt case that fit that description.  I don’t know if it’s out yet.

No, not just watercooling. This will be my first time build so I only feel comfortable buying a factory aio.

10 minutes ago, Msalve said:

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

51 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What I meant was only the processor would be water cooled lol. I don’t feel confident enough to rig up gpu watercooling.

Do you know if there are any cases similar to the corsair one pro? Or if I could even get the corsair one pro case?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/CORSAIR-ONE-PRO-Compact-Gaming-PC-—-Intel-Core-i7-7700K%2C-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti%2C-16GB-DDR4-2400%2C-960GB-SSD/p/CS-9000004-NA

Hey there. Would I be correct in assuming you're looking for a Micro-ATX case that'll fit an AIO radiator?

If so, have a look at these options:

• Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L ($59.22 on Newegg): Micro-ATX case, option for acrylic or TG panel, supports a 240mm front radiator and a 120mm rear radiator.
  • COUGAR Gemini M ($59.99 on Newegg): Micro-ATX case, TG panel, semi-concealing PSU shroud, supports a 280mm front radiator and a 240mm top radiator.
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini ($89.99 on Newegg): Micro-ATX case, tinted TG panel, PSU shroud, supports a 280mm front radiator and a 240mm top radiator.

12 minutes ago, Msalve said:

Do you know if there are any cases similar to the corsair one pro? Or if I could even get the corsair one pro case?

I don't believe CORSAIR will sell the CORSAIR ONE PRO's case as a standalone product.

Sourcehttps://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=921632&postcount=2

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

14 minutes ago, Msalve said:

What I meant was only the processor would be water cooled lol. I don’t feel confident enough to rig up gpu watercooling.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/CORSAIR-ONE-PRO-Compact-Gaming-PC-—-Intel-Core-i7-7700K%2C-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti%2C-16GB-DDR4-2400%2C-960GB-SSD/p/CS-9000004-NA

These SFF things often require both.  There just isn’t a lot of room.  Also unless you’re using a seriously hot CPU, either an overclocked i9 or some 16 core ryzen monster the CPU is going to throw a lot less heat than the GPU.  Even mid level GPUs are in the 150 watt range.

50 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. Would I be correct in assuming you're looking for a Micro-ATX case that'll fit an AIO radiator?

If so, have a look at these options:

• Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L ($59.22 on Newegg): Micro-ATX case, option for acrylic or TG panel, supports a 240mm front radiator and a 120mm rear radiator.
  • COUGAR Gemini M ($59.99 on Newegg): Micro-ATX case, TG panel, semi-concealing PSU shroud, supports a 280mm front radiator and a 240mm top radiator.
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini ($89.99 on Newegg): Micro-ATX case, tinted TG panel, PSU shroud, supports a 280mm front radiator and a 240mm top radiator.

I don't believe CORSAIR will sell the CORSAIR ONE PRO's case as a standalone product.

Sourcehttps://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=921632&postcount=2

Thank you for responding!

No, I already have a micro atx case that will fit a aio picked out (corsair 280x).

I’m looking for small form factor cases that look nice as I will need to sit the pc on my sit stand desk and don’t want it to take up a whole lot of space. I would love something similar to the corsair one pro but i’m not paying for it pre built.

45 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

These SFF things often require both.  There just isn’t a lot of room.  Also unless you’re using a seriously hot CPU, either an overclocked i9 or some 16 core ryzen monster the CPU is going to throw a lot less heat than the GPU.  Even mid level GPUs are in the 150 watt range.

I plan on going with a i7-9700K

the graphics card i’m planning on going with is the GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8G Graphics Card, WINDFORCE Stack, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-N207SAORUS-8GC Video Card. Does this one fall in that category?

9 minutes ago, Msalve said:

I plan on going with a i7-9700K

the graphics card i’m planning on going with is the GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8G Graphics Card, WINDFORCE Stack, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-N207SAORUS-8GC Video Card. Does this one fall in that category?

Might work as an air cooled card in that case.  I honestly don’t know.  Others will have more informed opinions than me.

TDP for the 2070 is ~175w according to techpowerup.  Wind force air coolers are often big.  As big as a noctua d15 sorta flattened out.  They’re thinner but longer.  The high end of cooling in the space allowed by the two slot atx form factor is about 250w max.  Doesn’t mean a given cooler design will actually do that though.  I don’t know what the design of the wind force 2070 is.  Wind force coolers are all long three fan affairs generally. If the wind force 2070 has the same cooler fin/pipe wise as the 2080ti you should have a not very loud cooler.  It draws air in from the flat “top”? And spits it out sideways in all directions.  Looking at the design of the case you should have good air in. I don’t know how air exhaust will work.

found a few reviews of the cooler.

https://m.hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/124523-gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-windforce/

this review has shots of the cooler.  It’s 2 pipe rather than the 6 pipe on the noctua D15, so a good bit less cooling than a d15.  It also says it’s a non reference card so an AIO kit wouldn’t fit on it anyway unless there’s one specifically built for it.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-gaming-oc,5919-7.html

the toms hardware review claims TDP is a bit over 200w.  It’s the OC model though.  OC raises TDP fast.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a 9700k pulls that much or even more when overclocked.  I lack details though.  There are those here who have one.  I don’t.  
a review https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-9700k-9th-gen-cpu,5876-2.html

claims they were getting between 156-238w depending on OC.  That kind of thing varies by individual chip though so YMMV.