The LTT Shill Build - A Journey in the Making

Fruit Dubious

TL;DR AT THE BOTTOM

The Full Story:
Howdy everyone! My name is Andrew, and I have been a computer nerd ever since I was seven years old. I still remember my first PC running Windows 2000, but have no idea what hardware was inside of it, because I got in trouble every time I tried taking something apart.
Fast-forward to December 2008, I’m 11, my parents finally gave us a computer with access to the internet. I discovered something that would change my life forever: A video… of Linus opening up a motherboard box and explaining what it was on YouTube. Being a nerdy kid, I was hooked instantly by the sexy allure that is: Linus computers. I became a regular watcher of LinusTechTips (and other channels), NEVER MISSING A VIDEO ABOUT SOMETHING NEW.
At the age of 12: after discovering that normal people can build computers like expensive Legos, I begged my parents to let me do it. But always getting told it was, “too risky,” or “too expensive,” made me settle on watching Linus do it instead. I did, however, get a nice gig volunteering for my school helping teachers with their computer problems. It let me skip classes and I got to tinker with computers, so to me, it was a win-win. But the urge to build a complete computer system wasn’t satisfied; that is, until my senior year.
At my high school, during senior year, you are required to do a project that involves 40 hours of work - research counted if your topic was complex enough. So naturally, I took the opportunity to fulfill my dream of building a computer. To pay for it, I set up an agreement with my parents where I only paid for half of the project in cash and worked off the other half that they paid for.
I was ready. I used all the information Linus had taught me over the years: compatibility shopping, deal hunting, tech dropping, cable management, screwdriver control, EVERYTHING my mind could bring forth. The project came to a close with me building a system with an FX-6300, Radeon R7 260X, 8GB of RAM, and a 1TB HDD. It cost a total of $600, and I got an A+ from the teachers.
I loved that computer, and used it as much as I could. BUT ALAS, I had to sell it in order to pay to move into a new house - as my parents started going through a divorce in 2016. I began helping support my mom since then - working at McDonald’s, living mostly paycheck to paycheck - which left little money aside for technology and fun. UNTIL LAST YEAR…
In March of last year (2019), a customer in McDonald’s had a laptop giving him trouble, so during my break I decided to help him out. It only took a couple minutes to get it working - he was having trouble with our WiFi - so we started chatting. He gave me his card, and told me to call him if “I thought about leaving McDonald’s.” Turns out, he’s the owner of a small counseling office.
Of course, as soon as my shift was up, I called. He said he was in need of someone to help with their computers, printers, and other "tech stuff." He offered me the same per month as my current job (something I didn’t even tell him yet) with half the hours and a fraction of the stress. I put in my two-week notice as soon as that call was over.
A few months went by, and I got a cheap laptop and spent my free-time running a side gig making websites and offering IT services to other people. Life was turning around for the better. Then, when Christmas came around, I realized I had enough saved to build a computer and not be strapped for cash. ”I COULD FINALLY HAVE A REAL COMPUTER AGAIN,” was the first thing that ran through my head, and I nearly cried. I excitedly told my mom, and began putting together parts lists and searching YouTube videos for product reviews. LinusTechTips being first, of course.
After ordering my first part, the new Noctua NH-DH15 chromax.black edition, I actually cried when I saw the LTT logo on the box. I couldn’t believe I had gotten one of the limited edition coolers…

cXCXXfhwoqIVBGucHPGiTElj8eDWMQUq_rUnVIJ22OyGI-syFcjMMDzOu9Oy08537qAaLd_L0J5dgBW-Wn-Qm90mePhCQ9CQsEIHMgodT9-K1W7JBEbzIE4yp3WDu50o3ddTGY9E

Then BOOM, inspiration struck. I began modifying my parts list to fit a Black, White, and Orange color scheme. I decided to make this computer in honor of the man who was basically an “internet father” to me, teaching me all the things I ever wanted to learn.
So, without further adieu, here are the specs and pictures of my boss, my best friend, and I assembling what I call…
The LTT Shill Build

8sDK6fIpZTCiKrNZ48YPM_V9_LmN62Bk1H2hq7k0D4AcapQ_101AI70MVW3syVscBukDOxG_N9sClLPN7KJtPy2bRuJfw76Xa3-DdIBYhD4Gsc_e5Hbdsxd3X8kweNDoj1HnVAcG mfXpNPOH23v6omkF5qSEZdEeLziaBp0Lrg0xkBbqvP19iF93970ix_UgTJ1KK2Cci-EgRu2KGJx38xIpejNKsWkOODunIAqtS-x_WukX_2b3w6cCgoMV1aFs02oXyIp9rKPiuh5- e5BvzMhI45qtvoaUN6pEWNBNLW2LvG1MIpqiF82vQsvBGIz6AbfzWibq8Jq05JfEQMWXYyCAnUCcJzYVnVkX57YBzbN9OFd7hxhIueb4D5SQO0mLpzHP_kz5qBOxAXWTCT1_4Kp4 E5HX-aPoIXLUpNBMGqSg4czlzFofEdmLR5gMoQAKouf0VV7JRYe4s2Qjl01HaHUTUM7b3xUPMaGwwfEY4jb56XvilmOcv18tUgRz8l3KWBNX9rl44uUlJBLh26GwwYeDBk8lEXNT N37V6d65E-p-0e32ChOYd6nC3cfjn06bbY2uUHTaKfgexrZfciiDhTvsLqxiv9Pwpx5zIM5MYDTRJuBJYWDTR2OJstUdUM-Nx6KKiu9oL1bsnJFwugcfPHPPRrnhnXwmVDDacOdU slHIw-Plf_czcQFjUH-cy6cyR3ELxRJnCKaGCJejH0hP-VdRPZVT277gnQaTQfLhv6GP-rqC8NDtJ2pqUBe2TxEI4l5Genn9lCgRPOJQ0-i7FiNItkORMteJOlWp2VPtgkE1KLXM U8oy6b_YpWfSjk0PcX3EkbSCB9cPEIpZsW2PzptlhjdNO5HGBrAQJjcbWvZx5i9vTIAtU2lHUh246zscmyt38MGirSKyEENMM2adLrFJeS1scznaBYzVMgN6TCnzwZax8XYLEJEc CaXs5kUWxkjTvUKxLmHECTm4am3itGGJRcJIQqFucVoqqMfQknDPY49oyc2z6o8Ce99ZNEQviWTOfRtPZjpJmwkHGzfE1-zjd0m1mpPAVufdp5lb6-hMQ7T7aJAuYqd9DRSD2cUo O61Fr0b7Nxom21STbuWNnhQgxPQvx4Dsiznv4B19SDLvdtKEnIZNCBlql_h-JBKwGFgWvana0H7nWp1jgu_nLFygDehDDsU4Tj1MVDvt7nIS-t4On_CTWrtPqmGW2RLSut8Pq4xh e2xRq2Pjr2VGcNz9zFqkjOekM8gY5KD_Bk5QiLCZI0toV7h7BfMhcKxBC7fomyt7ZiQhfUbHU0ah-E0CSZtvvVmK0oJuLvtFGSgswuRgW7rvC1nI1mucqEojjnajw9Yzr_JzPFBo To4DM9SvO_u2VJIDriOSD4p_adLnZJ12a2gfIad4QNxI1Nn1Epg5Nv3U0HffWl3vjQKFIcHj2BJeyO0ndj4l88HfahQB4Qe4dwOMTs04jSkUEs-ug2IrTyan6WF3bvLqnQzCl5qN pT9_ydQzSqleVOaWxwiP0P7t028YBUEHgoZXBoBEDHt7pKNgcyGmEeFbfwvLv1dtTXJhzX6ajA2pbSFcGr2fVrhJHmSIFuvRrz4c5iNf3S4Vo4MuWI62W3kfYykcnXJx-jK2oeAi DaU0yKbCI8zylSdjLmA2zQAlSEhUuPkmsfnYTxdTzQ_drzAssjszODYikyEo-Zv8XfqP0AIuQFQmlm-LjdskZR3sH1WbYU0Xn3yYEKHpsFIqAqviypLVEvDRhTOEkOUsclIrzBEu s3lvLCmOlQxxARtKZZfz6vi1tzEJ1uoQRS6qPzzNQWJR4YLMba-z2TQe7AtPHSLbYi6WWOjadq5sdKZGP1o8SfSNbCF1T-SukuuZLnwKB3xE847qBkG9ntsptsGk6F1ViJuDaKce

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!

After the PC was complete, my gut was telling me that she wasn’t done yet. Her final form had yet to be reached, but I was uncertain as to why… She was GLORIOUS, in all of her LTT wonder. BUT THEN... The PC Gods shined upon me. A, “ping,” from my phone. “The Facebook Marketplace? What do they wa-” was as far as my thought got until I saw it: The PERFECT deal. A GTX 1070, in the EXACT same theme as the motherboard, for only $170. You best believe I hopped on that deal as fast as my fingers would let me.

CByLw6VVI5hS5vA3yK0SQhZtZO1Vi9ZNSvwZDq2H_E4zb3Wy6qqRgU1l-wnq1qk1IKcxPTHFKOM8-zTJWyt_zzAQVxuiekv26vyNy7lqfn9_5A3-KvGpafV5F8LBiI_Y3xqpU8ji

After the "new" graphics card was installed, I took a look at my background image and decided “I can do better than that.” SO I DID. I took a high-resolution image of the LTT logo, and made it fit the color scheme of mostly black, with white as the secondary color, and orange as the tertiary color. So here she is everyone:
The LTT Shill Build, Mach II

2BsaGPbdzUI-rp0xvzmMY1mXSLJ4ybYL3wOU4G7AaQ3MCbcLhrOcQysSe4bVbC4-a3IiuIjyQ0p9EM13BsbHhYtjsDjOd9hcvVZR6xFcjM8GUBNH_3-LhY6-jelIc3Wp6-6KuZul 10eGrn-VER2wamN3N3jnNiDBK3b4f25Lqe76-T6KMhkNDzYzjl9f0JaNfGqhIFQKaTrOQFQPa-8jH1YES4MvRXpR3zx17liA68F133PbzS3SJmLwX0BzSkSiWSbgeNnz6ZER84Ra _boPkNPxuziOe8PKnFxN72Ia7W2oQ-3nfNj-jvBXmTHs1IGeun_Gj_0VW8356qmCXPgKdI7JoqGI1Mzx8-I8ombrh00Io7ggFSrVDRrkJth5f6U7SGJZZgpEJdBIZYhCfQyaDyWi wGxvSugxA6MwiAu2oTrk-WIZ0UAkDnYSKzJ6nBpIGG-6fgsR-YfQ6BiBgQ-6T8Bx5dcxtVb96DqsFjKhtbwFKvDIRh5fOqA9_NGnm661wYFpqDT0cJ9fUK5w4kKKzOjW32ckj3Zw

TL;DR: I was always a computer nerd and LTT fan. Built a computer I was proud of at a young age, later went through some hard times, had to sell the computer, and now I have finally made it back to the PCMR with an LTT Themed PC that I have already upgraded once.

43 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Heckuva journey, congratulations.

She's beautiful.

It definitely has been.

And thank you! I did my best. :D

4 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I have only one thing to say. 

Lttstore.com 

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY THE GODS ONCE AGAIN!

Thank you so much for everything you do! You have no idea the impact you've had on my life as a whole.

I like this wallpaper more:

channels4_banner.png