What’s the best way to control all of my RGB Lighting?

My Trident Z RAM changes to a static color when iCUE opens in the background.  I have a lot of Corsair stuff and I need iCUE, but I don’t know how to prevent it from interfering with the RAM.

I have yet to try the G.Skill Trident Z Family Lighting Control Software because I’ve read a lot of stories about people saying it harmed their system or their RAM.  Is it safe to use?  Will iCUE interfere with it?

I’ve also read that I can control RAM lighting from the BIOS.  How does one go about doing such a thing?

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

Well I personally vote removing all of it and setting it on fire but I’m a bit of a maverick that way and I don’t expect it to happen.  If you’ve got iCUE you’ve got iCUE. My suspicion is it will not play nice with anyone else’s RGB software.  Exploring the intricacies of iCUE is not something I’ve done.  All I know about it is it has a rep for being exceptionally full featured and exceptionally buggy.  GL

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Bump.

I can’t figure this out.  There has to be some way to prevent iCUE from controlling my G.Skill RAM.

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

4 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

I can’t figure this out.  There has to be some way to prevent iCUE from controlling my G.Skill RAM.

So I'm having the same issue with Armoury Crate and iCue, in theory if you go into the RGB settings in the main ASUS RGB thing you should be able to force it to sync with the MOBO. I will say make sure you're using Armoury Crate instead of Aura Sync.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

13 minutes ago, Yogi_DaBear221 said:

So I'm having the same issue with Armoury Crate and iCue, in theory if you go into the RGB settings in the main ASUS RGB thing you should be able to force it to sync with the MOBO. I will say make sure you're using Armoury Crate instead of Aura Sync.

Thanks for the tip.  Armoury Crate does seem better than Aura Sync, but I’m still having the issue.  Once iCUE opens, the RAM lighting turns static.

2 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

Thanks for the tip.  Armoury Crate does seem better than Aura Sync, but I’m still having the issue.  Once iCUE opens, the RAM lighting turns static.

The best bet I could say was change it again after Crate loads up I think, I'm having the issue though that instead of my ram getting caught by iCue the ROG Strix lighting on the board and the IO lights are being grabbed by it.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

I suspect someone worked hard to make sure there isn’t.

The problem is RGB is a scam from the start.  There actually IS a standard for RGB invented before it even became a thing in computers, but the companies are scrupulously avoiding it and even break it on purpose because they want to make you buy their products.  It’s a major reason I won’t buy any “computer” RGB.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm working on an open source RGB control application called OpenRGB.  The goal is to support as much hardware as I can and enable full control of everything in one app.  I have a lot of motherboards and RAM supported as well as Corsair Lighting Node/Commander Pro, NZXT Hue+/Hue2, Thermaltake Riing Plus, and more.  I only have the original K70 RGB supported as far as Corsair peripherals go, but I am planning to expand that as the protocols are documented.  My program supports Windows and Linux.

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB