How Essential Is System Volume Information?

So, I am running out of space one of my HDD's, when I opened it in Spacesniffer, there was a HUGE (120GB) file called "System Volume Information" this file is taking up over 20% of my HDD, and I have no idea why, it's on my spare computer, so it isn't a huge deal, but I probably have the same file on  my main.

Heres a screenshot.

IieRwck.png

After searching, it was apparent that it is a backup, but I have backups made and stored on the same drive, as you can see, many of the files are a backup of some sort.

Is it safe to delete these files? they are HUGE an taking a ridiculous amount of space, and I need that space.

Cheers

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Well how about deleting games you don't play. I highly doubt you play all 250GB of games that you have.

You can download them back later.

To clear System Volume information.

Open System panel, and on the left column, click on System Protection.

You'll see a box with drives that you have on your system. Click on the C: drive and click on Configure button, and click on Delete.

That should do the trick.

Well how about deleting games you don't play. I highly doubt you play all 250GB of games that you have.

You can download them back later.

To clear System Volume information.

Open System panel, and on the left column, click on System Protection.

You'll see a box with drives that you have on your system. Click on the C: drive and click on Configure button, and click on Delete.

That should do the trick.

I can't delete games, they take FAR too long for me to download, my internet is painfully slow, so any game I have a remote chance of playing, I keep downloaded. Sucks I know.

Just tried the second suggestion, thanks man, saved me getting a new drive :P

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60.