Selling tips

SavageNeo

Hey guys. So i have my "old" pc here and i want to sell it.

I live in Finland and everything is more expensive here than in America.

So can you give me just a raw expection of the pc's price Thank you.

Specs:

Some lenovo motherboard for gen 6/7 intel support and up to 32gb of ram. I search for hours of this but never find out my exact model.

Some 240w huntkey psu (should i change this for cx 450w? or something)

Some lenovo trash case, will change that for some silentium cheap pc case.

Does not have any storage, will buy some 120 gig ssd and 1tb hdd.

16gigs of corsair ddr4 ram at 2133mhz

750 ti 

i5 6400

I want to sell this for around 300-450 euros

is this too much to ask for this

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Motherboad is most likely a specific version made for lenovo, thats why you can't really find out which specific one it is.

Looking at the complete system with ssd and hdd, new case and probably new PSU...

GPU is literally worthless, it cant even run Fortnite at a smooth FPS on 1080p.

i5 6400 is mediocre at best.

No amount of Ram will save this system.

I don't even see a market for this system, might be better to sell off the CPU and the Ram and put the rest into the trash.

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

26 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

300-450 euros

300 is the most you can get for it, only because it's Finland. Even considering that, it's bit too much.In my area this kind of setup goes for around 200 tops. And yes, I'm including the addition of an ssd, hdd and new case + psu.

6 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

Motherboad is most likely a specific version made for lenovo, thats why you can't really find out which specific one it is.

Looking at the complete system with ssd and hdd, new case and probably new PSU...

GPU is literally worthless, it cant even run Fortnite at a smooth FPS on 1080p.

i5 6400 is mediocre at best.

No amount of Ram will save this system.

I don't even see a market for this system, might be better to sell off the CPU and the Ram and put the rest into the trash.

What about if i sawp the 750ti with my dad's 1050ti and add storage and new psy, will it be worth to sell or not?

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Here are some German used prices I found:

i5 6400 - 60€

750 ti - 35€

16gigs of corsair ddr4 ram at 2133mhz - 50€

random motherboard - 35€

random case - 10€

some be quiet 400w PSU - 10€

128gb ssd - 15€

1tb hdd - 15€

I dunno maybe assembly - 50€?

that's 280€

not sure how much difference there is between Finland and Germany though; I was looking at the website ebay-kleinanzeigen (basically our version of craigslist) maybe do the same in your country, see what you can find. I was trying to always go for the cheapest option.

5 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

What about if i sawp the 750ti with my dad's 1050ti and add storage and new psy, will it be worth to sell or not?

Then you should get 300, not more. You can sell it, the setup of yours is bad, but not that bad as @Kenpachi1985 claims it is. In Finland it's possible to sell for 200 - 300, only because pc hardware is very expensive in your country.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

Just now, merco said:

Here are some German used prices I found:

i5 6400 - 60€

750 ti - 35€

16gigs of corsair ddr4 ram at 2133mhz - 50€

random motherboard - 35€

random case - 10€

some be quiet 400w PSU - 10€

128gb ssd - 15€

1tb hdd - 15€

I dunno maybe assembly - 50€?

that's 280€

not sure how much difference there is between Finland and Germany though; I was looking at the website ebay-kleinanzeigen (basically our version of craigslist) maybe do the same in your country, see what you can find. I was trying to always go for the cheapest option.

well its a noticable difference beetween these countries, for instance the i5 6400 goes for around 85 used and the ram wiht random mobo is around 130

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Then you will should get 300, not more. You can sell it, the setup of yours is bad, but not that bad as @Kenpachi1985 claims it is. In Finland it's possible to sell for 200 - 300, only because pc hardware is very expensive in your country.

ty, i will put the new storage, psu and case and hope for 320-350 euros-

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

well its a noticable difference beetween these countries, for instance the i5 6400 goes for around 85 used and the ram wiht random mobo is around 130

Well then you answered your question yourself and you know the situation in your country better than us.

ty, i will put the new storage, psu and case and hope for 320-350 euros-

Unlikely, only very tech illiterate buyer would pay that much, but you might get lucky.

If I look for a used complete system, I often find similar specs for 180-250€, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much tbh, but good luck finding a buyer!

ty, i wil but the new storage psu and case and hope for 320-350 euros-

350,- should easily be possible in Finland, with a working environment and such already installed. Don't let some users confuse you here. Even a few miles off Germany it is quite hard to buy at the prices @merco listed.

3 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

350,- should easily be possible in Finland

Interesting, I stand corrected then, in any case hope it works out savageneo.

16 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Don't you dare. Fortnite runs nice at 1080p on 750ti.

13 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Then you should get 300, not more. You can sell it, the setup of yours is bad, but not that bad as @Kenpachi1985 claims it is. In Finland it's possible to sell for 200 - 300, only because pc hardware is very expensive in your country.

Quadcore without HT and only 3.3ghz turbo - mediocre at best. A GPU that can't even handle fortnite. Its an office and retro games pc with old parts in it. No amount of ram, storage, PSU power and fanciness of a case will change that. So why is it better then i said?

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

10 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

350,- should easily be possible in Finland,

Bit generous estimation, but 300 is possible. Are you located in Finland btw?

4 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Fortnite runs nice at 1080p on 750ti.

On low?

3 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

So why is it better then i said?

Finland, that's why. Even terrible hardware is overpriced there.

Also, it can handle fortnite on lowest settings.

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Bit generous estimation, but 300 is possible. Are you located in Finland btw?

On low?

Medium, shadows low. I'm engaged in several countries.

3 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Don't you dare. Fortnite runs nice at 1080p on 750ti.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1557-fortnite-benchmarks/

1080p on high settings 41 fps average / 34 fps 1% low. Varies ofc by the exact 750ti model, but this is not looking good.

1 minute ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

https://www.techspot.com/article/1557-fortnite-benchmarks/

1080p on high settings 41 fps average / 34 fps 1% low. Varies ofc by the exact 750ti model, but this is not looking good.

Minecraft will work very well.

11 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

Quadcore without HT and only 3.3ghz turbo - mediocre at best. A GPU that can't even handle fortnite. Its an office and retro games pc with old parts in it. No amount of ram, storage, PSU power and fanciness of a case will change that. So why is it better then i said?

Yes, it's kind of low spec for sure. But it will run quite solid and fast enough for people who don't buy a computer for gaming in the first place. Throwing a game in every once in a while will work.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Nobody is saying that it can run on high settings..

If a system/GPU can't handle a game like fortnite (which can run on a potato) on high settings at at least an average of 60 fps 1080p its a bad sign and shows that its definitely not suitable for the  "gaming pc" category. Whsats left is it being an office/retro gaming system that is made of outdated and used parts. Thats why i have such a hard time seeing this system sellable at all.

1 minute ago, Sir0Tek said:

Minecraft will work very well.

Yes, it's kind of low spec for sure. But it will run quite solid and fast enough for people who don't buy a computer for gaming in the first place. Throwing a game in every once in a while will work.

Oh minecraft should be kind of fine, yeah. But 300€++ for a minecraft system that can fail at any time without any kind of warranty on its core components - i still don't see a selling argument here. You can get a brand new office system and a better used gpu for around... 400- 450, even in finland (of let it ship to you from outside) i suppose.

2 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

Oh minecraft should be kind of fine, yeah. But 300€++ for a minecraft system that can fail at any time without any kind of warranty on its core components - i still don't see a selling argument here. You can get a brand new office system and a better used gpu for around... 400- 450, even in finland (of let it ship to you from outside) i suppose.

A similar office system at 400-450? In Finland? Shipping it, from Germany maybe? Like this one Win10-PC from which 37 have been already sold?

12 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

A similar office system at 400-450? In Finland? Shipping it, from Germany maybe? Like this one Win10-PC from which 37 have been already sold?

A brand new similar office system at below 400, shipping from germany. Like this one with Win 10.