144hz, 1500 CDN Build.

RayIsPrime

I've been using this forum a lot lately and found some great build and over all decided on price range and other wants that are more important. So for this build I have a 1500 CDN budget and I do live in Canada. This will be for gaming mostly but maybe like 10% School work and other stuff. Having wifi is needed as I will be moving it around. For peripherals I would like a 144hz monitor and the pc to be able to get 144hz and 144 frames consistently on games like Fortnite,  League Of Legends and Destiny 2 with low end settings or medium settings. Some other less important but also semi important is a glass side panel and RGb :). Thanks in advance feel free to ask any questions.

9 minutes ago, RayIsPrime said:

Hello,

You could look at something like that :

I didn't understand if the monitor needed to be included so I added one, if not you can go with that :

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

You could look at something like that :

I didn't understand if the monitor needed to be included so I added one, if not you can go with that :

The monitor being included was needed and this build looks awesome plus some wiggle room on the first one! Thanks!

Just now, NZgamer said:

Here's a suggestion from me :)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($236.75 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($259.04 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC Video Card  ($323.96 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Case: Phanteks P300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.00 @ Amazon Canada)
Monitor: AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($189.20 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $1432.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-28 13:54 EST-0500

This build is great as well im gonna have some trouble picking :) Thanks for the help guys!

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

Nice build too but I would not go with the overpriced Samsung for no gain in gaming. Also lack of airflow on the case :P

Just now, NZgamer said:

No problem, I love helping people with part lists

Just wondering is the fan the comes with the cpu good enough to keep it cool for OC and is the board in cpu OC'able?

2 minutes ago, RayIsPrime said:

Just wondering is the fan the comes with the cpu good enough to keep it cool for OC and is the board in cpu OC'able?

Yes for all the builds.

Just a teeny bit above budget, hope that still works out for you. Got you a 2070 Super in there to make the most of that monitor. If the price is not doable for you, I'd downgrade to a 2060 Super instead.

Yes you can lightly OC the 3600 with the stock cooler. If you feel the need to push the limits further in the future you can upgrade the CPU cooler later.

EDIT I skipped the WiFi part, I'm sorry! I'd personally not make my motherboard choice dependant on that feature, get a cheap WiFi expansion card instead!

Just now, Plouffe said:

Yes for all the builds.

Sounds good so i can save some money and not get a cpu cooler. Thanks.

Just now, ShinRamen said:

Just a teeny bit above budget, hope that still works out for you. Got you a 2070 Super in there to make the most of that monitor. If the price is not doable for you, I'd downgrade to a 2060 Super instead.

Yes you can lightly OC the 3600 with the stock cooler. If you feel the need to push the limits further in the future you can upgrade the CPU cooler later.

You have helped me a lot with builds and help and every time you manage to make a build that is just stellar in every way. Thank you.

PS: It is do able for this :)

9 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Here's a suggestion from me :)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($236.75 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($259.04 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC Video Card  ($323.96 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Case: Phanteks P300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.00 @ Amazon Canada)
Monitor: AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($189.20 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $1432.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-28 13:54 EST-0500

That SSD is massively overpriced. 

2 minutes ago, RayIsPrime said:

You have helped me a lot with builds and help and every time you manage to make a build that is just stellar in every way. Thank you.

PS: It is do able for this :)

Always a pleasure. I do have a question: this isn't your first PC IIRC, right? Because I didn't include a HDD for mass storage - do you have an HDD that you can reuse?

Just now, ShinRamen said:

Always a pleasure. I do have a question: this isn't your first PC IIRC, right? Because I didn't include a HDD for mass storage - do you have an HDD that you can reuse?

Since I dont have a job as I am still 13 I will be selling my current pc to make some money so now I dont have 1 readily available although I have a 1tb hdd form my current prebuild that is only like 400gbs full cause I don't use much storage as I like to delete things I dont use daily :)

19 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

For a 1tb NVME drive? He has CAD$1500 to work with and I wanted to ensure OP had enough room for games etc. Samsung SSD's are also high quality and reliable.

Yes it is expensive compared to other alternatives. Samsung are good but so are a lot of other Manufacturers.

HP EX920 is $100 cheaper.

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($159.50 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $159.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-28 20:43 EST-0500

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($236.75 @ shopRBC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.43 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Team L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($78.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB THICC II Video Card  ($500.06 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($52.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($78.50 @ Vuugo) 
Monitor: AOC CQ27G1 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($332.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $1529.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-28 21:31 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W