AMDRSServ.exe blocked on antivirus ?

Ls9L

so windows anti virus just blocked AMDRSServ.exe and i dont know if i should allow it because a couple days ago i got a terrible virus from allowing permissions on this program that was super sketchy. the virus basically changed my proxy and internet settings so i couldn't connect to my internet and it took me 2 days to figure out how to fix it and it was randomly installing apps and programs to my computer but i finally got everything fixed with malwarebytes and ive had no issues since then but this looks like something to do with amd so is it okay to allow this on my pc ?

Captur3e.PNG

Captuasdre.PNG

3 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

That looks dodgy af I would reformat your PC.

yeah lmao like why tf would something to do with amd want to access my videos folder. what do you mean reformat my pc im kind of new :/ 

and btw for some reason the virus the other day deleted chrome and all my video and pictures which might just be a coincidence

20 minutes ago, CreativeName642 said:

Block it and uninstall it.

Capture.PNG.f3a65bd44c79888553a0e69e002c9523.PNG

1 hour ago, Ls9L said:

yeah lmao like why tf would something to do with amd want to access my videos folder. what do you mean reformat my pc im kind of new :/ 

and btw for some reason the virus the other day deleted chrome and all my video and pictures which might just be a coincidence

Malware names itself as legitimate products to try trick people in to granting them access. AMD wouldn’t be trying to access your Videos, that makes no sense, and if it did Windows Defender would know and trust the process. The screenshot you’ve shown is obviously some malware. You should wipe your computer.

4 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

Malware names itself as legitimate products to try trick people in to granting them access. AMD wouldn’t be trying to access your Videos, that makes no sense, and if it did Windows Defender would know and trust the process. The screenshot you’ve shown is obviously some malware. You should wipe your computer.

okay good idea lmao i just looked at my desktop and there is 6 new apps that i didnt install

• 10 months later...

i have the same issue, i haven't downloaded anything other than games off steam

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, Jeko Guerra said:

i have the same issue, i haven't downloaded anything other than games off steam

Capture.PNG

The file is literally part of AMD GPU drivers... Just do as instructed here (uninstall), or in this thread:

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/amdrsserv-exe-app-error-how-to-fix/m-p/362589#M57888

Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv