Motherboard trouble shooting

I'm thinking that's one of the RGB lights at the bottom of the board while the diagnostic LEDs are at the top right corner.

It looks like The PSU powers up and then right back off.

Try a different PSU. Hopefully the board is ok.

I think the orange light on that motherboard is a standby power indicator according to this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95305-Z270i-Orange-Led-always-on-What-does-it-mean

From what they are saying it is there to prevent you from changing anything on your motherboard until the LED is off.

Should not be blinking though, so it seems like some sort of power problem. You already changed the PSU, so maybe there is a faulty cable somewhere? Maybe try a different outlet too. I've read somewhere that the front USB panel caused a similar problem, try unplugging it.

1 minute ago, merco said:

I think the orange light on that motherboard is a standby power indicator according to this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95305-Z270i-Orange-Led-always-on-What-does-it-mean

From what they are saying it is there to prevent you from changing anything on your motherboard until the LED is off.

Should not be blinking though, so it seems like some sort of power problem. You already changed the PSU, so maybe there is a faulty cable somewhere? Maybe try a different outlet too. I've read somewhere that the front USB panel caused a similar problem, try unplugging it.

Nice find, the manual doesn't state anything about the power LED nor does it depict one.

Here's the manual. https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/STRIX_Z270I_GAMING/E12438_STRIX_Z270I_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.PDF

Thanks Asus. lol.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

the manual doesn't state anything

yeah I saw that too, definitely an odd decision to not include it 

Just now, merco said:

yeah I saw that too, definitely an odd decision to not include it 

I'm a dummy and didn't read his entire post lol. He already tried a PSU.... 

I would assemble on the box with bare essentials and see if it powers on. Perhaps there's a short to the case?

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I'm a dummy and didn't read his entire post lol. He already tried a PSU.... 

I would assemble on the box with bare essentials and see if it powers on. Perhaps there's a short to the case?

It’s not the case because nothing or the board gets power at all I tried jumping the board but got nothing. At this point I’ve tried different ram reseating the cpu checking for bent pins a new outlet and a different psu I just don’t know what to really do at this point 

1 minute ago, Sadsoupman said:

It’s not the case because nothing or the board gets power at all I tried jumping the board but got nothing. At this point I’ve tried different ram reseating the cpu checking for bent pins a new outlet and a different psu I just don’t know what to really do at this point 

RMA the board. (warranty)

17 minutes ago, Sadsoupman said:

It’s not the case because nothing or the board gets power at all

I was referring to this earlier https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/blinking-power-led-problem-found-never-would-have-guessed.412615/#post-4067384

Two people seemed to get no power because of their faulty front USB ports so I would agree, maybe test with as few components as possible.

If that doesn't help try a different motherboard.