Black Ice V.2 [acrylic redo in a 750D]

TheNinjaNextDor

It's been a month since assembling my water cooled 750D build log and gradually increasing the size of my epeen until it is eventually rivaled by no other epeen (that's the fairly optimistic plan anyway). Seeing that it did not increase the size enough I have searched for what to do better and (no my Noctua fans are still visible) my tubing runs came to mind. This was my first water cooled PC and frankly I did not satisfy myself with its beauty. I saw a few other build logs with the beauty of acrylic complimenting the build ever so nicely, that I thought I would see first hand how I could do with it. So I bring to you: Black Ice V.2! Yeah, if you don't want to read this I understand. It's PAGES long in google drive without adding a single picture. Though read before you say negative things, and it may make the positives even better.

What I will be doing: So it wouldn't be worth spending the time to do this build log without some real changes. I will be draining the loop, replacing the coolant to more exciting and decorative distilled water, maybe flipping a radiator (front) around, replacing the tubing, replacing the EK fittings that are now a tasteful brown instead of black, cleaning all the dust from the case, and some nicer cable routing to go better with my runs. And back to the epeen business... :P

First build log recap: In my first build log I just did a slight overview with some pics. Not very good. I transferred my PC components from a Storm Scout 2 Advanced in white to a 750D, I replaced the fans, got some real slick individually sleeved cables and LEDs from IceModz, and added in a nice water loop, not anything special. May I point out that my runs are not, per say, up to par with most other loops? Mediocre at best really.

What I hope to accomplish: I want to get some good aesthetics, make my picture quality as nice as I can possibly make it, and not disappoint myself (again) and the people reading this build log with sub par runs. And as this is my first build with acrylic, do the best acrylic runs that I possibly can. Any feedback is appreciated unless it's hate, then no. Criticism yes. Hate no.

Disclaimer: The picture quality may be pretty bad as I don't have a particularly good camera on my S4, though I may be able to get so lighting (or use a different camera) so it doesn't look too bad. I have never worked with acrylic so this may be a slow going build log and/or turn out not so good. I will try really hard to get this nice, but there's a reason this is in the disclaimer. Before starting I will have practiced some curves with an extra piece of le tubes that I bought. Oh, and this could just end up being nice and the acrylic leaking and ruining everything. Though I will try and remain optimistic because I have a LOT of hours of videos on how to do this. Fingers crossed everyone. I was not sponsored for any part of this build :( by the way.

Reference:

PC Specs:

Intel i7 3770K 4.5GHz

EVGA GTX 780 1350Mhz (varies)

Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD4H

Ripjaw X 16Gb 1600MHz

Corsair AX850

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Samsung 840 250Gb and 120Gb

Watercooling:

Swiftech Komodo GTX 780 Waterblock

EK Accetal+Nickel

EK XTX 240

Alphacool XT45 360

EK 250mm reservoir

EK D5 Pump

Primochill Rigid Tubing

Primochill Rigid Tubing Fittings

Specialty Items:

IceModz LED strip

IceModz Individually sleeved cables

LutroO customs heatgun

Monsoon Tubing cutting kit

Primochill bending kit

So after this hella long introduction, I present the build log:

Pics later tonight, about half way done as of posting.

One thing about this, update the original post with the updates and just post that you've done some updates... :P It's better to have the entire log in one post at the front and top instead of having to search through the entire thread! :D

One thing about this, update the original post with the updates and just post that you've done some updates... :P It's better to have the entire log in one post at the front and top instead of having to search through the entire thread! :D

Meh whatever :P

where are the pics?

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

Here is an unedited pic of it finished: ezgC2ix.jpg

Ill have better ones later :)

its a little blurry but still tubing looks awesome! i dont like the noctua colors but thats my opinion.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

its a little blurry but still tubing looks awesome! i dont like the noctua colors but thats my opinion.

Yeah that quality sucks. Im really happy with it. I do agree with the fans. Ive thought about eloops etc. Thanks!

Heres another one of the system on: l7dP58w.jpg Pics dont really do it a justice. I need a good camera so bad.

is it supposed to be purple? i like the the look of it. its just that stupid mobo LED's which annoy me

current rig (march 2023)

is it supposed to be purple? i like the the look of it. its just that stupid mobo LED's which annoy me

No. Thats just my bad camera. The LEDs are the power and debug. Not that bad in person but terrible in pics.

what's the 750D like to build in? getting mine next week

It's good lots of room if you're going to use a cd drive it does kinda mess up the look of the front but I just ordered a usb one.

Main rig: i7 4790k, Cooler H55, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Obsidian 250D, ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, G.Skill 8GB, 500GB 840 EVO, 1TB WD Black

Server:  HP DL380 G5 8x 300GB 10k Sata drives, 2x e5460 32GB Ram

NAS: Synology DS213 with 2 2TB WD Red Drives

It looks great! The only problem I have with it are the Noctua fans... Can't wait until they release the black versions :P

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

It looks great! The only problem I have with it are the Noctua fans... Can't wait until they release the black versions :P

Yeah they are ugly. I think im going to replace them with gentle typhokns or the new black version. I have enough corsair sp fans but i dont like the noise. They look great though.

Yeah they are ugly. I think im going to replace them with gentle typhokns or the new black version. I have enough corsair sp fans but i dont like the noise. They look great though.

Corsair fans look shweet. I have some in my system. If you really wanted to you could get a fan controller and put the fans at like 7V if sound is a problem. I'm using a Define R4 and mine barely make noise at 12V.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Corsair fans look shweet. I have some in my system. Especially if you used the blue ring. If you really wanted to you could get a fan controller and put the fans at like 7V if sound is a problem. I'm using a Define R4 and mine barely make noise at 12V.

I might do that. I have voltages reducers from my noctuas so it might actually be ok. They just look soooo good.