Windows 7

thesneakypet

Hey all is there still a way to buy windows 7 keys? If so where. I'm enquiring as the keys you get are also windows 10 keys. Could you lot reply with some links?

What is reason of buying a key for Windows 7 which is end of support and end of life actually? What are you paying for?

2 minutes ago, Net Runner said:

What is reason of buying a key for Windows 7 which is end of support and end of life actually? What are you paying for?

So far, MS has been accepting Win 7 keys for installing Win 10. Apparently, the OP is hoping that he can get Win 7 keys to use for installing Win 10 for less than buying Win 10 keys.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

An easy but not cheap way would be to buy a 50$ refurbished PC with a Windows 7 license and read/use the serial from the sticker.

Though the license key may be tied to an OEM motherboard or system (hp,dell etc)

Moderators note: directly linking to key reselling ads is same as linking to eBay/Craigslist/Kijiji etc. You can still recommend them in general.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I had to get a new Win7 key two years ago for a back up HTPC running Windows Media Center.  I did purchase a key from a firm that markets themselves as a member of the Microsoft partner network.  The key worked the first time I entered it.  I normally purchase directly from MSFT but given they were no longer selling Win7 keys, I had to go this route.  I just checked the site and they are still selling Win7 keys but I will not list the site as per the directions of @LogicalDrm 

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

16 hours ago, Alan G said:

but I will not list the site as per the directions of @LogicalDrm

Mentioning site is fine. The rule is just about links pointing directly to listing ads. The rule is in place to prevent people getting personal gains by linking to their own or their friends listings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

36 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Mentioning site is fine. The rule is just about links pointing directly to listing ads. The rule is in place to prevent people getting personal gains by linking to their own or their friends listings.

Hm, I suppose I have then broken the rule inadvertently, when I have linked directly to this or that item on eBay when someone's been looking for something specific?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

Hm, I suppose I have then broken the rule inadvertently, when I have linked directly to this or that item on eBay when someone's been looking for something specific?

We use discretion. With software, and Windows, it's tad harder as Microsoft has made takedown requests over ISO download links. With hardware the ruling is mainly in place for deals and threads about "is this X good deal".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks.  I purchased my Win7 key from PC Destination (FWIW, they are listed as a Microsoft Partner).  I had no issues at all with activation and it's been running fine for the past two years.  As I noted, it's on my HTPC that runs Windows Media Center with a cable card tuner.  there are no other options for me to record DRM content other than Tivo or a Verizon cable box both of which are more expensive than my current solution. Our other two work stations are running Win10 pro purchased from MSFT

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10