Will motherboard post with slower RAM?

Hello.

Let me give some context. Recently spilled water right into the top of my PC, causing it to immediately turn off. I unplugged it, let it sit in the open for a day, and turned it back on. It was working fine except for my ethernet port, which I fixed by getting ethernet to usb. It worked for probably 3 days, and then randomly shut off. Since then, I have not gotten it to make a sound, turn on a light, or start fans. No sign of life. I have tried a new PSU and a new motherboard, every combination of single ram stick with different slots, no sign of life. I just now realized that my new motherboard is the MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max, as opposed to the non-max version. I couldn't see a difference so I looked at the specs and supported RAM speeds are all higher than the non-max version. My RAM is 2400hz, which is not listed in the compatible speeds for this new motherboard. My question is will RAM being slower than the listed compatible speeds cause the PC to not post or start any noise/light/fan whatsoever? I need to be certain of the problem before ordering new stuff because I am a poor student and can't afford the risk of wasting more money because I'm already $140 down from wrong guesses. Any help would be really appreciated. It's been out of commission for about 2 weeks, and because literally all of my responsibilities require that computer working, have been out of commission for 2 weeks and my boss, my teachers, and my research group are getting frustrated. Rant over. Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, rfitz123 said:

Hello.

Let me give some context. Recently spilled water right into the top of my PC, causing it to immediately turn off. I unplugged it, let it sit in the open for a day, and turned it back on. It was working fine except for my ethernet port, which I fixed by getting ethernet to usb. It worked for probably 3 days, and then randomly shut off. Since then, I have not gotten it to make a sound, turn on a light, or start fans. No sign of life. I have tried a new PSU and a new motherboard, every combination of single ram stick with different slots, no sign of life. I just now realized that my new motherboard is the MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max, as opposed to the non-max version. I couldn't see a difference so I looked at the specs and supported RAM speeds are all higher than the non-max version. My RAM is 2400hz, which is not listed in the compatible speeds for this new motherboard. My question is will RAM being slower than the listed compatible speeds cause the PC to not post or start any noise/light/fan whatsoever? I need to be certain of the problem before ordering new stuff because I am a poor student and can't afford the risk of wasting more money because I'm already $140 down from wrong guesses. Any help would be really appreciated. It's been out of commission for about 2 weeks, and because literally all of my responsibilities require that computer working, have been out of commission for 2 weeks and my boss, my teachers, and my research group are getting frustrated. Rant over. Any ideas?

no, you should be all good, from looking at this spec sheet, seeing that your speed is supported, plus its usually the other way around, ram incompatibility usually goes from top to bottom, not bottom to top, meaning that mobo's have a maximum ram speed limit and not a minimum ram speed limit as far as i know, although this recommandations suggest otherwise https://pangoly.com/en/review/msi-b450m-pro-m2-max/compatibility/ram since it does not suggest any 2400Mhz ram kitsn so i suggest waiting to see more responses from other members that are a bit more knowledgable than me before making your decision, 2 heads better than 1, and 5 is better than 2image.png.629e64f84531ab7532c83a7c18454993.png