How much longer will i be able to play at 60fps with this pc?

Go to solution Solved by steelo,

Your GPU should last you awhile, I'd estimate a good year or 2 if all you're looking for is 60 fps...especially if you're willing to lower the resolution/detail settings on certain games in order to maintain 60 hz.

I had 570 4 gb paired with a 4c/8t Ryzen 5 and never came across a game I couldn't run on 1080 'high' settings at ~60 fps. I even used it for Oculus VR titles and it was adequate as long as I ran the games on low to medium detail settings. I'd definitely look into upgrading your CPU first as that is much older. Personally, I'd recommend going the AMD route, it gives you the most bang for your buck...you can't go wrong with something like a Ryzen 5 2600/3600 or even a $85 1600AF, paired with your current GPU.

Just don't upgrade for the sake of upgrading...if a new game comes out and you're finding your system is no longer adequate to satisfy YOUR requirements, upgrade or build a new one.

Im wondering how much longer will i be able to get 60fps with this specs?

cpu: i5 2400

ram: 16gb

gpu: rx 570 4gb

monitor 1080p (60hz)but i can lower resolution, no problem to me.

Your GPU is good, but the CPU may become a limiting factor in the future (In terms of CPU intensive games). You can always achieve 60fps in the years to come, but your resolution will deteriorate. 

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC

Just now, callmejaccob said:

Your GPU is good, but the CPU may become a limiting factor in the future (In terms of CPU intensive games). You can always achieve 60fps in the years to come, but your resolution will deteriorate. 

Not going below 1600x1000(something) tho :P

2 minutes ago, callmejaccob said:

So i will need to upgrade only the cpu in the future and add an ssd which i still dont have, but will soon ofc

7 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

Not going below 1600x1000(something) tho :P

Then eventually your GPU will need an upgrade.

5 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

So i will need to upgrade only the cpu in the future and add an ssd which i still dont have, but will soon ofc

Eventually all parts will need upgrading, but upgrade as you need.

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC

41 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

Depends on the games you're playing and the detail settings. There are AAA titles out there now that any 4GB card would struggle to keep up with at 1080p, and there's Potatocraft which can hold 1080p on a carefully crafted turd with an HDMI cable wedged into it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

44 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

Dropping from High to Medium/High or Low/High mixtures will save you on CPU-Drawcalls, and lighten the GPU loads needed.
You are probably good for some time, given those sacrifices, and with added sharpening at 1600x900 (on a smallish sub24" panel) it'll hold up reasonably well on many games except maybe extreme examples. (Like Kingdom Come - Deliverance expectations or bad Assassins Creed optimization)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You can most likely get away with playing at Medium-ish settings for a while to come. Like maybe 8 months? It's just an estimate.

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

1 hour ago, Pomfrit said:

Depends entirely on the game. 

If we count all games, it would be [negative whatever the release date of AC Oddessy]

2 hours ago, Pomfrit said:

A cpu upgrade is way more important than an ssd for gaming. At least now while games are still being designed for systems with mechanical drives. That may all change though with next gen consoles using SSD.

Here would be a pretty nice price to performance platform upgrade:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $314.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-19 11:23 EST-0500

Though you might have to do a BIOS update from a USB drive to use a 3600 in a B450 board. It's actually a great time to do a platform upgrade. This is about the cheapest I have ever seen a platform upgrade for something of this quality for its time.

5 hours ago, Pomfrit said:

what motherboard u have

see the compability and try to upgrade the cpu ( tip:used market is best for value)

Your GPU should last you awhile, I'd estimate a good year or 2 if all you're looking for is 60 fps...especially if you're willing to lower the resolution/detail settings on certain games in order to maintain 60 hz.

I had 570 4 gb paired with a 4c/8t Ryzen 5 and never came across a game I couldn't run on 1080 'high' settings at ~60 fps. I even used it for Oculus VR titles and it was adequate as long as I ran the games on low to medium detail settings. I'd definitely look into upgrading your CPU first as that is much older. Personally, I'd recommend going the AMD route, it gives you the most bang for your buck...you can't go wrong with something like a Ryzen 5 2600/3600 or even a $85 1600AF, paired with your current GPU.

Just don't upgrade for the sake of upgrading...if a new game comes out and you're finding your system is no longer adequate to satisfy YOUR requirements, upgrade or build a new one.