Are intels HQ and BGA CPU’s any good?

Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,

It's the nature of laptop components. It's ALWAYS a compromise. You simply cannot supply them with enough power, nor cool them as well as you can a desktop, and laptops with the same specs from different manufacturers/models will perform vastly different than one another based on implementation.

Most of them are always teetering on the edge of thermal throttling no matter what you do.

As stated, you can try to undervolt, throttlestop, and repaste/liquid metal cooling parts but you're ultimately limited by thermal constraints as well as power limits by the manufacturer that you really can't change.

Part of buying into laptops is accepting their limitations they impose due to the portability tax.

Hello Everyone!

if anyone could help explain to me if Intels HQ series of CPUs bad?

my Alienware 15 when playing games thermal AND Power Throttles both the CPU and GPU.

anything is Helpful.

3 minutes ago, Alienware 15 R2 said:

Alienware 15 when playing games thermal AND Power Throttles both the CPU and GPU.

I'm vastly more inclined to put the blame on the laptop itself, not so much the hardware in it.

What are your specs? Have you cleaned out dust and repasted it? Are you running the High Performance power mode in Windows?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Yes I’ve literally repasted the CPU and GPU in the Laptop and I think that me cranking up the fan speeds and undervolting the cpu are just giving me BSOD’s and power failure.

i just got this laptop from my dad when he got his Area51m with a core i9 9900k and RTX 2080ti.

11 minutes ago, Alienware 15 R2 said:

Yes I’ve literally repasted the CPU and GPU in the Laptop and I think that me cranking up the fan speeds and undervolting the cpu are just giving me BSOD’s and power failure.

i just got this laptop from my dad when he got his Area51m with a core i9 9900k and RTX 2080ti.

The max speck is a 2080 not a 2080 ti

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I’m really sorry about that it’s just that Linus said that it is compatible with a rtx 2080ti and my dad has an rtx 2080 so i thought it was a ti model.

sorry about the stupid info I posted I’m literally getting my Comptia + course certificate and just got into computers.

It's the nature of laptop components. It's ALWAYS a compromise. You simply cannot supply them with enough power, nor cool them as well as you can a desktop, and laptops with the same specs from different manufacturers/models will perform vastly different than one another based on implementation.

Most of them are always teetering on the edge of thermal throttling no matter what you do.

As stated, you can try to undervolt, throttlestop, and repaste/liquid metal cooling parts but you're ultimately limited by thermal constraints as well as power limits by the manufacturer that you really can't change.

Part of buying into laptops is accepting their limitations they impose due to the portability tax.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x