PC shutting off and turning back on abruptly...

Inception9269

So, this is an issue that just started yesterday.

For my system (part list here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RHt2Rk ) I'm rocking a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu with a MSI MPG x570 gaming pro carbon motherboard. Yesterday it happened once out of nowhere, then a few minutes into using it again it did so once more. After that I went through the usual procedure of updating everything, MSI posted a bios update last month so I updated to that, and I also went and downloaded graphics drivers updates. It feels like it could be a cpu or gpu issue cause when I try turning my pc on after the first time it won't post and I'll have to power it off then on again, it typically showing cpu or vga light on the debug leds. I thought that maybe my cpu overclock might be the issue, I had it running at 4.2ghz with 1.35v, I lowered it down to 4.1ghz with 1.32v.

It seems more likely to happen when gaming versus other things, so maybe it's a gpu issue, which I find unlikely since mine isn't even 6 months old (2080 super). I've seen someone suggest downloading a specific tool that's supposed to completely remove your graphics drivers, you then doing a clean install.

What I'm more worried about though is that it could be a PSU issue, which would be a major headache. Mine is a https://pcpartpicker.com/product/B9kD4D/corsair-power-supply-ax860 , I don't remember when it was that I got it, but I'd say 2018 at the latest. I'd imagine it should still be under warranty, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of removing it as well as taking out all the cables as well (unless Corsair's RMA procedure for PSUs is to allow you to just send back the unit itself and not worry about returning the wires as well?). Back when I got this psu it was because I started having this issue with random shutdowns and replacing the psu resolved it. That said though I've seen a couple videos that showed it isn't always the psu at fault.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿