RGB fans for cpu cooler and case

exxxydawg

Hi everyone.

Currently I'm buying parts for my new pc and I got stuck on choosing fans (ring-rgb) for my cpu cooler and case.. I need your help ?.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti A6G
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P

RAM: G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB [F4-3200C16D-16GTZR] 2x8

PSU: Corsair TX550M (550W)

Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C Blackout TG

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12-S

Fans (for both cpu cooler and case): PCCooler Corona FRGB 120/140 or ID-Cooling ZF-RGB-12025/14025

What can you say about these 2? Are they bad? Which has better airflow and bright rgb (that's not as important as airflow, but still nice, since I'm getting a blackout version of meshify c)?

I'm thinking of buying like 7 of these and putting 1x120 on my noctua u12-s, 1x120(rear) and 2x140(top) for exhaust and 3x120/2x140(front) for intake. I hope that's not overkill tho ?

1. Can I replace noctua's fan with any of listed above? Will the temps go up and etc? I'm not planning to manually OC my CPU (not yet at least.. maybe in 1-2 years when I'll be thinking about my next upgrade), just auto OC or w/e it's called. But it'll be good to know if they're good enough to handle like 3900x with u12-s in the future.

2. I have no expirience at all with RGB so I dont know if I'll be able to connect them to rgb heards at my mobo and sync them via Aura Sync with my RAM and GPU. I dont have my mobo yet so I can't read it's manual rn :c Do I need to buy a hub/controller for them (and if so how can I sync them later with my other parts?) or in my case with x570 prime p mobo 2x 3-way splitters should be enough for case fans (dont know what to do with cpu rgb tho, cuz im not sure if i can plug it in with my case fans to one splitter..)? I know that there's 2x 4pin rgb headers and 1x 4pin ARGB header, but im also not sure in which header I need to plug them.. Probably in ARGB, but can it handle all of my 7 fans tho? I was checking some photos of rgb builds on prime x570-p and I noticed that none of them was using mobo rgb headers (not even the ARGB one.. maybe I couldn't see one because of cables, not sure).. but they still had a fully synchronized rgb. Im curious.

Thank you for your help and time in advance ?

2 minutes ago, exxxydawg said:

Hi everyone.

Currently I'm buying parts for my new pc and I got stuck on choosing fans for my cpu cooler and case.. I need your help ?.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti A6G
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P

RAM: G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB [F4-3200C16D-16GTZR] 2x8

PSU: Corsair TX550M (550W)

Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C Blackout TG

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12-S

Fans (for both cpu cooler and case): PCCooler Corona FRGB 120/140 or ID-Cooling ZF-RGB-12025/14025

What can you say about these 2? Are they bad? Which has better airflow and bright rgb (that's not as important as airflow, but still nice, since I'm getting a blackout version of meshify c)?

I'm thinking of buying like 7 of these and putting 1x120 on my noctua u12-s, 1x120(rear) and 2x140(top) for exhaust and 3x120/2x140(front) for intake. I hope that's not overkill tho ?

1. Can I replace noctua's fan with any of listed above? Will the temps go up and etc? I'm not planning to manually OC my CPU (not yet at least.. maybe in 1-2 years when I'll be thinking about my next upgrade), just auto OC or w/e it's called. But it'll be good to know if they're good enough to handle like 3900x with u12-s in the future.

2. I have no expirience at all with RGB so I dont know if I'll be able to connect them to rgb heards at my mobo and sync them via Aura Sync with my RAM and GPU. I dont have my mobo yet so I can't read it's manual rn :c Do I need to buy a hub/controller for them (and if so how can I sync them later with my other parts?) or in my case with x570 prime p mobo 2x 3-way splitters should be enough for case fans (dont know what to do with cpu rgb tho, cuz im not sure if i can plug it in with my case fans to one splitter..)? I know that there's 2x 4pin rgb headers and 1x 4pin ARGB header, but im also not sure in which header I need to plug them.. Probably in ARGB, but can it handle all of my 7 fans tho? I was checking some photos of rgb builds on prime x570-p and I noticed that none of them was using mobo rgb headers (not even the ARGB one.. maybe I couldn't see one because of cables, not sure).. but they still had a fully synchronized rgb. Im curious.

Thank you for your help and time in advance ?

Corsair ML fans are pretty nice. I have 3 in my case and I am getting more. If you get them in the multi packs, the 3x ML120 and 2x ML140 come with a Corsair RGB controller included.

Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: EVGA 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming MB: MSI Prestige X570 Creation 

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 NVME: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Gold 1000w Case: Corsair 680X RGB Black

NAS/Media Box

CPU: Ryzen 3200G  MB: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 M.2: WD Blue 500 GB

PSU: Rosewill Photon 850W 80+ Gold Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo

@LaughingHyena, unfortunately they are available only in one of my local stores and not in packs. They are also very expensive (like 30$ per 1), I would like to consider the cheaper options.

8 minutes ago, exxxydawg said:

@LaughingHyena, unfortunately they are available only in one of my local stores and not in packs. They are also very expensive (like 30$ per 1), I would like to consider the cheaper options.

Okay, it looks like Bitwit really likes the Corona fans, and I have had good experiences with ID Cooling fans in the past, just not those particular ones.

Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: EVGA 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming MB: MSI Prestige X570 Creation 

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 NVME: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280

NAS/Media Box

@LaughingHyena That's good. I also saw his video about Corona fans, that's why I included them to my list, since there's not many ring-rgb fans and these actually looks pretty nice for their price)

Do you have any expirience with rgb fans? I'd like to ask if you know how to install them properly directly to motherboard and is there any limit on how many fans I can plug to a single header on mobo?

40 minutes ago, exxxydawg said:

@LaughingHyena That's good. I also saw his video about Corona fans, that's why I included them to my list, since there's not many ring-rgb fans and these actually looks pretty nice for their price)

Do you have any expirience with rgb fans? I'd like to ask if you know how to install them properly directly to motherboard and is there any limit on how many fans I can plug to a single header on mobo?

I have my fans plugged in to the fan headers directly on my MB, but the RGB control will depend on the brand. Corsair and CoolerMaster both have separate RGB controllers, so it would depend on what PCCooler does. For how many fans per header, no more than 4 is what I would recommend.

Gaming PC

NAS/Media Box