[Replacing Cooler] Arctic Accelero Twin turbo III for GTX 970

Hello everyone ! 

So I have issues with my current GTX 970 from Zotac. The fans are superloud, one of them even fell, they are not cooling anything anymore the GPU is going extreme temperatures. 

Inshort , I need either a New GPU or a New cooler ! But let's forget about a New GPU since i'm waiting for the 3000 séries ! 

After searching a bit the Arctic accelero twin turbo III .! 

Do you guys have any other cooler that I could take for "cheap" Or any feedback on this one ? 

Not easy to mount as I read but it will be ok I Guess

Thanks for Reading and for all the help ! :)

I was in your situation but with a 370 4GB and a Twin Turbo II. It's not the sexiest cooler but man it does a stupidly good job of cooling cards. I could have the fans barely moving and the card would stay well under 80C under full load.

Don't get the III, get the II. The backplate is stupid and pointless, and it's not worth the extra money.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

And it fit perfectly on the GTX970, brand doenst matter i Guess ?

3 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

And it fit perfectly on the GTX970, brand doenst matter i Guess ?

Don't forget to quote me. Had I clicked off the thread I wouldn't have seen your reply.

Yes, it should work. Mine was plug and play (so to speak).

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't forget to quote me. Had I clicked off the thread I wouldn't have seen your reply.

Yes, it should work. Mine was plug and play (so to speak).

Yes sorry I forgot ! 

I ll try that If noone Come up with a better Idea :) Thx !

4 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Yes sorry I forgot ! 

I ll try that If noone Come up with a better Idea :) Thx !

Yeah it's probably your best bet. Awesome cooler and fits basically everything.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah it's probably your best bet. Awesome cooler and fits basically everything.

Looks like they doesnt sell the 2 Anymore. not on their site nor Amazon... Gonna take a bit of research

3 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Looks like they doesnt sell the 2 Anymore. not on their site nor Amazon... Gonna take a bit of research

I have one from my 370. Good shape, and I removed one of the stickers so you can't see the ugly sticker when it's mounted in a case.

If you're in Canada PM me and maybe we can figure something out. I won't give it away for free but if you pay shipping I'm willing to lose money on it.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I have one from my 370. Good shape, and I removed one of the stickers so you can't see the ugly sticker when it's mounted in a case.

If you're in Canada PM me and maybe we can figure something out. I won't give it away for free but if you pay shipping I'm willing to lose money on it.

I'm in Belgium, the fees gonna be too expensive to ship I think

9 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

I'm in Belgium, the fees gonna be too expensive to ship I think

Yeah, not worth it. Sorry.

I'd still look used.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd still look used.

The 3 looks so hard to put in place, and i'm not finding any 2 on the market here

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd still look used.

I'm even thinking about getting a 1660 until June and the release of the new generation ... I'm so lost 

Okay let's not jump to buying a new cooler right away. The heatsink is fine so just rip off the 970's shroud and fan from the gpu and strip tie a new one to it. If you want to control the fan speed then get a VGA wire adapter for a regular fan to the gpu socket. It will only cost you like 10$ tops for a crappy fan and a new VGA wire.

12 hours ago, MorderNo said:

Do you guys have any other cooler that I could take for "cheap" Or any feedback on this one

Like mentioned before get rid off gpu shroud and mount one or two 120mm case fans. I’ve done it before and cooling gpu like this makes huge difference in temps. I’ve used two 120mm fans and attached them using cable ties. 

2C720C23-B83F-44AF-8D64-645078AC7377.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

9 hours ago, Whiro said:

Like mentioned before get rid off gpu shroud and mount one or two 120mm case fans. I’ve done it before and cooling gpu like this makes huge difference in temps. I’ve used two 120mm fans and attached them using cable ties. 

2C720C23-B83F-44AF-8D64-645078AC7377.jpeg

10 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Okay let's not jump to buying a new cooler right away. The heatsink is fine so just rip off the 970's shroud and fan from the gpu and strip tie a new one to it. If you want to control the fan speed then get a VGA wire adapter for a regular fan to the gpu socket. It will only cost you like 10$ tops for a crappy fan and a new VGA wire.

Thanks both ! Great Idea