Merch Store: LinusTechTips Sports Bra

Lunorian
7 hours ago, greenmax said:

do the same for T-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, coffee mugs (decal store)

People have to start learning how to save money, buying over priced items from a rich man is no way to save money.

5 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

But tbh OP as long as you arent selling them you can go to many different businesses and have them make you one.  In most areas im sure theres someone with a screen press (i think thats what they are called) or someone with a vinyl cutter and you do your own iron on logo.

Be careful with this however because the name and logo are copyrighted, so if one goes this route it's perfectly possible one could be refused service even if it is for personal use because they don't own the rights to the name or logo. That's could also be the least of ones worries too.

17 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Be careful with this however because the name and logo are copyrighted, so if one goes this route it's perfectly possible one could be refused service even if it is for personal use because they don't own the rights to the name or logo. That's could also be the least of ones worries too.

From my experience if you find someone with a press of vinyl cutter they wont care.

Also you can buy special paper that you just print whatever on and it irons on the shirt.

Like i said as long as your not selling them then legally you cant be in trouble. 

Its literally no different then drawing a logo on your notebook.

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

From my experience if you find someone with a press of vinyl cutter they wont care.

Also you can buy special paper that you just print whatever on and it irons on the shirt.

Like i said as long as your not selling them then legally you cant be in trouble. 

Its literally no different then drawing a logo on your notebook.

If you draw the logo then it should fall under fair use, it's when you download the image and attempt to use it even for personal use that could lead to issues, however I doubt it would in this case esp for personal use.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

If you draw the logo then it should fall under fair use, it's when you download the image and attempt to use it even for personal use that could lead to issues, however I doubt it would in this case esp for personal use.

It wont.

As long as you are using it for personal use its fine. You can get anyones logo tattooed on you, you can draw anyones logo on your stuff, you can do a painting of trademarked logos/character/etc and hang it in your home. hell i can put a ford mustang pony on my chevy.

10 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

It wont.

As long as you are using it for personal use its fine. You can get anyones logo tattooed on you, you can draw anyones logo on your stuff, you can do a painting of trademarked logos/character/etc and hang it in your home. hell i can put a ford mustang pony on my chevy.

First one is a personal body modification and is also seen as art work done by a artist therefor falls under fair use, same with the second and third one. The last one can swing either way however generally as a rule it wouldn't be Ford that would get mad at you depending on how you do it ? Equally for the last one if you bought it w/o uploading a design (illegally, see below) it's the sellers ass that is on the line.

What I was referring to was downloading the image and trying to use it for applying it onto said items. Like I said it likely won't cause issues however (esp online) you state you own the rights to the image or have attained permission usually upon uploading and finalizing to order, which in this case you do not. For example you could go threw this forum find a picture of the moon I took and apply it to a shirt, if I found out I could go after you. Why? You never got my permission, that's why. It doesn't matter if your intentions are good or not, or if you even made money from it. Simply put almost everything you have stated is fair use, so OP could go out using paint and duplicate the image by hand (or draw it by hand), or get someone else to do so for them and use that(at which time it becomes that persons work but OP has permission to use it for a said reason), but the second one simply downloads the image and uses it, that itself is illegal.

This article explains it fairly well:

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/07/using-online-images-without-violating-copyright/

By default unless stated elsewhere ownership of anything produced here in Canada (and likely in many places) is owned by the person who made it. In the case of the LTT Logo it is likely LMG via a written contract between the artist and company where the artist absolves all rights to the work done for the company, similarly to people needing to sign off to be filmed by LMG and why those on probation are not allowed to be filmed. For me I own all rights to my images unless I state otherwise and at my own free will can distribute them as I see fit, however it does not mean one can go out and use the image w/o my knowing, profit or not. That's what I'm trying to say. If OP has a good hand and can mimic the design to the pixel it falls under fair use, well so long as they can prove they can do so in court (doesn't mean it will happen, it means they can duplicate the results upon request if it happens).

For your last one it can be tricky, if you can create a 2D or 3D image that's legal, so is taking a picture of a Mustang and cropping the background out (even if you don't own the car, and it's some random car in a parking lot), however the second you find and get a picture from the internet w/o permission and crop that or use that it becomes illegal, even if you got permission from the creator to use the image it might not mean you can crop it, aka alter it as see fit.

16 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

possible

possible yes

very unlikely

money is wonderful that way