Back to PC gaming...Steam log-in Issues.

Go to solution Solved by Lachrymal,

Ha! I recalled that my first sign up to Steam was cached on my other SSD that I had recently replaced in my laptop. Reinstalled the old SDD, Log-in appeared in the ID User field ready for me to click enter, installed the new SSD back in, filled in the correct fields and IM IN!

Praise the gods for SSDs!

@Vitalius

@SirRoderick

So, it's been so long since I used Steam that I had easily forgotten my log-in. On top of that I think my Yahoo email has been hacked months and months ago. I can't answer security questions to get a new password on steam if I can't log into Yahoo for the email. I made my Yahoo email YEARS ago so I don't recall the answers to the security questions on there. I have spoken with Yahoo support and gave them many possible answers to the security questions and they weren't legit. 

Has anyone had issues with Steam or Yahoo like this and was it resolved? I can't play my games until I get logged into Steam! Makes me sad. :(

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

That must suck.

This is why I always keep a copy of my passwords in an encrypted, hidden file on my computer. And I use the same one in varying forms everywhere. 

I also have multiple emails with each one being a recovery email for another email. So if I forget one password, I can use another one I remember at another email to fix it.

I can't help you with your issue since it's not one that can be helped, I think, but these are ways to prevent it from happening again.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah this is why you use a number of standard passwords and questions. You WILL forget them and there's no going back :/

Sorry to hear it, but seems like that account is lost.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

That must suck.

This is why I always keep a copy of my passwords in an encrypted, hidden file on my computer. And I use the same one in varying forms everywhere. 

I also have multiple emails with each one being a recovery email for another email. So if I forget one password, I can use another one I remember at another email to fix it.

I can't help you with your issue since it's not one that can be helped, I think, but these are ways to prevent it from happening again.

Ha, yeah my recovery email for Yahoo is a closed AOL email from even further back. How do you encrypt and hide files?

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Ha, yeah my recovery email for Yahoo is a closed AOL email from even further back. How do you encrypt and hide files?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/encrypt-decrypt-folder-file#1TC=windows-7

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/hide-hidden-files-windows-7.htm

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Nice. I will definitely do that.

I contacted Yahoo another time and left as many outrageous possible security question answers as I could this time. I want to be mad at them for this, but in the end this was all my fault. I guess I will have to buy more games.

Physical copies are so underrated. 

Ha! I recalled that my first sign up to Steam was cached on my other SSD that I had recently replaced in my laptop. Reinstalled the old SDD, Log-in appeared in the ID User field ready for me to click enter, installed the new SSD back in, filled in the correct fields and IM IN!

@Vitalius

@SirRoderick

@Vitalius

@SirRoderick

Right, now make 5000 backups :D

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.