How long should I burn in HD 558?

JupiteL

Just got the package here, I wonder how long should I burn in this headphones until I got the best quality?

One second. Burning in is placebo, until your ears adjust to the sound from the headphones.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just use them, don't even think about it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

There is no reason to "burn them in" It'll happen whilst you use them.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

One second. Burning in is placebo, until your ears adjust to the sound from the headphones.

There is no reason to "burn them in" It'll happen whilst you use them.

Ah,I get it. It'll be adjusted overtime. I just thought I need to do this with white noise since many people said it. 

Just use them, don't even think about it.

I already think about it  :o . But why though?

One guy said that his headphones sound better after a while then orther guy agreed and here we have it, a headphone burn in myth. Every test that has been done showed that it was placebo.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I kind of think the headphone reviewers just do the burn in just to avoid pages of arguments 

Ah,I get it. It'll be adjusted overtime. I just thought I need to do this with white noise since many people said it. 

I already think about it  :o . But why though?

the more you think about it the more you start to hear stuff and the less you will enjoy the music, listen to the music not the headphones. ;)

One guy said that his headphones sound better after a while then orther guy agreed and here we have it, a headphone burn in myth. Every test that has been done showed that it was placebo.

got some links? not that I disagree but I like to see the evidence for definitive statements.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

just let your brain adjust to the headphone, a headphone with recessed mid will always has recessed mid. Tried it myself and fully regret it.

the more you think about it the more you start to hear stuff and the less you will enjoy the music, listen to the music not the headphones. ;)

got some links? not that I disagree but I like to see the evidence for definitive statements.

http://www.tested.com/tech/accessories/459117-science-and-myth-burning-headphones/ many sources in one arcticle.

I kind of think the headphone reviewers just do the burn in just to avoid pages of arguments 

Exactly. It's always better to do as the people with beliefs tell you to and people who have a clue have to close their eyes.

Just like religions. Kidding. Ok, not really.

Spoiler

http://www.tested.com/tech/accessories/459117-science-and-myth-burning-headphones/ many sources in one arcticle.

Exactly. It's always better to do as the people with beliefs tell you to and people who have a clue have to close their eyes.

Just like religions. Kidding. Ok, not really.

cool, I 'll read it later if the topic comes up again. :)

Burn in is a real phenomena, but I agree it's not something to concern yourself with. 

Sennheiser%252520HD650%252520Impedance%2

Burn in is a real phenomena, but I agree it's not something to concern yourself with. 

Sennheiser%252520HD650%252520Impedance%2

Tiny difference in 30-100 hz range wouldn't be noticeable, so... also all measurements have some degree of uncertainty and I don't see how many times was the sample repeated.

Spoiler

Tiny difference in 30-100 hz range wouldn't be noticeable, so... also all measurements have some degree of uncertainty and I don't see how many times was the sample repeated.

unnoticeable != nonexistent :P

Done on one headphone which wasn't moved between before and after measurements. If it happens on one headphone it is not a myth. Blown out of proportion by audeejoofiles? Sure.

unnoticeable != nonexistent :P

Done on one headphone which wasn't moved between before and after measurements. If it happens on one headphone it is not a myth. Blown out of proportion by audeejoofiles? Sure.

You see you need to measure things thousand times to find out that your measurements are accurate, especially when difference is so small. But it doesn't change the fact that you don't need to burn in anything.  :lol:

Spoiler

You see you need to measure things thousand times to find out that your measurements are accurate, especially when difference is so small. But it doesn't change the fact that you don't need to burn in anything.  :lol:

Tyall did a similar test and got similar results, minute changes in the FR.  While this can be put down just about anything, the DATA Nazi in me supports what Shearme said,  that is that something is happening we just can't say absolutely what it is therefore the conclusion is: yes the data shows something, but not enough to be concerned with.