Are these components recommended for my new build? (HELP)

Hello, everyone. I am planning to build a computer, I dont live in the US, I am from Guatemala but I will put the prices in USD for your better understanding. Some key things to note before: Everything is more expensive in my country and even if I purchase the components on Amazon and pay interantional shipping for them, it will cost almost the same as if I bought them here, so there is no huge benefit from this (I already did the numbers). 

Knowing this, my budget is $1,400.00 (this would be the equivalent to $950 in the US). Some other aspects for why I want to buld my computer and what I am aiming for:

• Would like to game at 1080p with 100+fps
  • I just want to game all recent and upcoming games smoothly
  • I do not stream and will not stream.
  • I don´t do video/photo/3d editing or anything related to heavy programming.
  • My computer will be used mostly for gaming and media.
  • I want to build a futureproof gaming pc (at least one that will last me 4-5 years)
  • I am planning to purchase a high end Nvidia GPU in the future.

The components I have in mind:

• CPU: Ryzen 3600x ($300)  (If you guys think it is necessary I can upgrade to the 3700x ($425) but if there is no benefit in the long run lets avoid that extra cash.)
  • MB: Asus TUF B450 PLUS ($146) or TUF B450m ($118)(These 2 are the cheapest ones I could find and that are kinda acceptable by the community)
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 DDR4 LPX 3000Mhz ($120) (this is the fastest RAM available I could find in stores)
  • PSU: Corsair  CX650 80plus Bronze ($89) (this is the best one I could find without going to far for a "Gaming" branded PSU from Asus ROG wich is stupidly expensive)
  • GPU: Nvida GTX 1660 SUPER ($319) (I plan to upgrade it in at least 3 years)

Storage:

• 2tb FireCuda Drive ($126) (if you believe this is no necessary I can get a 2tb Barracuda for half the price)
  • SSD: M.2 Green WD 128 GB ($33) (this will be used for the OS only)

All of this will go inside a Corsair H110R Case  ($65)

My main questions:

• Are these components good enough for what I have in mind?
  • Are these components going to work good together? Specially the MOBO with the CPU (take the 3700x into consideration here too)
  • What other options do  you recommend, so that I can look for them here and see if they are available and affordable.
  • Overall if this is a good build

Thank you in advance for your assistance and patience on this.

everything looks like it would be pretty good, but ijust bought a 3800x for $339 so i'm not sure where you got your prices , here is the link for that ( https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-3800X-16-Thread-Processor/dp/B07SXMZLPJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=3800x&qid=1581630830&sr=8-1 ) good luck in your build, you didn't specify how much ram but if it is 8gb or higher you should be good

3 minutes ago, bobbybdennis said:

everything looks like it would be pretty good, but ijust bought a 3800x for $339 so i'm not sure where you got your prices , here is the link for that ( https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-3800X-16-Thread-Processor/dp/B07SXMZLPJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=3800x&qid=1581630830&sr=8-1 ) good luck in your build, you didn't specify how much ram but if it is 8gb or higher you should be good

Thanks for the response. Those are the prices here in my country and I mentioned that purchasing the items Online will be almost the same for me because of shipping fees, etc. I will be buying 16 GB of RAM, sorry I just edited my post.

Now, do you recommend the 3600x or the 3700x?

If you can also find these parts where you're at, it would be better in terms of storage (speed and capacity when it comes to the SSD), GPU, motherboard and RAM.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Better do NOT buy the WD green. It's cheap but has a huge failure-rate. Unless you're on a system were you can decide how much load the ssd will have to face it is a no-go. Look at the Tier-list instead, there are cheap and good ones as well, you don't need the ones with excessive speeds but with good 4K-values/IOPS.

Is there a huge difference in price between zen+ and zen2 in Guatemala?

3 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

If you can also find these parts where you're at, it would be better in terms of storage (speed and capacity when it comes to the SSD), GPU, motherboard and RAM.

Thanks but unfotunately that MB can´t be found here, for  a similar price I can purchase a Asus Prime B450M, also the RTX 2060 is stupidly expensive here I chose the GTX 1660 Super for being cheaper and providing good 1080p performance, I plan to upgrade it in 2 years so no big deal. Is worth giving up the Firecuda for the Barracuda? Do you recommend the 3700x over the 3600x or do you think the extra cores are not worth it for the next 5 years?

3 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

Better do NOT buy the WD green. It's cheap but has a huge failure-rate. Unless you're on a system were you can decide how much load the ssd will have to face it is a no-go. Look at the Tier-list instead, there are cheap and good ones as well, you don't need the ones with excessive speeds but with good 4K-values/IOPS.

Is there a huge difference in price between zen+ and zen2 in Guatemala?

The other one available in my local store is the Kingston UV500 M.W 120 GB.

They dont sell previous Ryzen gens anymore, only the 3000 series.

The Kingston is based on a Marvell controller and it is Tier D, the one from WD uses Silicon Motion, Tier E. I haven't heard bad things so far from Marvell, well, but from Kingstons A-series I did. However, it should be fine as budget system drive. Is there a huge difference in price?

6 hours ago, Rackso said:

Thanks but unfotunately that MB can´t be found here, for  a similar price I can purchase a Asus Prime B450M, also the RTX 2060 is stupidly expensive here I chose the GTX 1660 Super for being cheaper and providing good 1080p performance, I plan to upgrade it in 2 years so no big deal. Is worth giving up the Firecuda for the Barracuda? Do you recommend the 3700x over the 3600x or do you think the extra cores are not worth it for the next 5 years?

You can go for either of the Asus boards you've mentioned, but your upgradability options will be limited to probably a 3700X at the very most. Also they might require a BIOS update to run with Ryzen 3000.

If you are going with a small 120GB SSD then you might as well just go for the Firecuda, if you plan on putting your games these or other speed sensitive applications, as it will be faster than just a regular mechanical hard drive.

For your use case, you'd have absolutely no benefit by going with the 3700X. Instead of throwing more money at the CPU I'd go for a better graphics card. Also, unless the 3600X is just super close in pricing with the 3600 where you're buying from, I would suggest going for just a regular 3600. There's no way to know what will be worth it for the next 5 years, but what I can tell you is that you're likely to find in the next few years fairly cheap 3700Xs and higher, as Ryzen CPUs tend to drop in price fairly quickly, and you'll be able to upgrade your CPU for not a load of money (as long as your motherboard can support it).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

15 hours ago, Rackso said:
  • I want to build a futureproof gaming pc (at least one that will last me 4-5 years)
  • I am planning to purchase a high end Nvidia GPU in the future.

If you want a computer that will last you 4 to 5 years you'll need more than a 3600, I think the 3700x is the better choice.  Also I'd go with an OS drive and another 1TB SSD if you can fit it in your budget. 

12 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

The Kingston is based on a Marvell controller and it is Tier D, the one from WD uses Silicon Motion, Tier E. I haven't heard bad things so far from Marvell, well, but from Kingstons A-series I did. However, it should be fine as budget system drive. Is there a huge difference in price?

It is a bit expensive but we are talking just $20 or do you recommend going for a 2.5 SSD Kingston SA400 instead 128gb instead of the Kingston UV500 M.2?

12 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

You can go for either of the Asus boards you've mentioned, but your upgradability options will be limited to probably a 3700X at the very most. Also they might require a BIOS update to run with Ryzen 3000.

If you are going with a small 120GB SSD then you might as well just go for the Firecuda, if you plan on putting your games these or other speed sensitive applications, as it will be faster than just a regular mechanical hard drive.

For your use case, you'd have absolutely no benefit by going with the 3700X. Instead of throwing more money at the CPU I'd go for a better graphics card. Also, unless the 3600X is just super close in pricing with the 3600 where you're buying from, I would suggest going for just a regular 3600. There's no way to know what will be worth it for the next 5 years, but what I can tell you is that you're likely to find in the next few years fairly cheap 3700Xs and higher, as Ryzen CPUs tend to drop in price fairly quickly, and you'll be able to upgrade your CPU for not a load of money (as long as your motherboard can support it).

Thank you very much. I will go for the 3700x just because I want a future proof computer. The new Gen of consoles will have 8 core custome zen 2 cpus, so I expect future games to take advantage of those extra cores. I'll go for the Tuf b450m since it is the cheapest and has been tested with a 3700x at stock speeds and works well (source). I cant get a better GPU if I go with the 3600x because the difference in price between those CPUs doent make up for the difference between a GTX 1660 Super and a RTX 2060 (Yes, I know this sucks). Also I wanted a SSD for the OS only, I can handle my games on a Barracuda and save a little from the Firecuda. In 5 years, if I need an upgrade, I will definitely go for the current gen of CPUs and GPUs on that moment, I dont like buying old gens unless they performed very similiar to the current gen.